EE Help :3

HayleySheraton

Hi, we have to start doing our extended essays and I need help. I need some advice with my problem. I'm going to do it in English and I chose the book "Boy meets boy" by David Levithan. It's about a boy that's is gay and lives in a place where being gay it's okay. So, i'm trying to focus my extended essay in analyze the development of Paul throughout the story, based on the society in which he lives. Like I want to explain that Paul can be himself because the society where he lives accept the fact that he is gay and it's normal to be that. I don't know if this is okay. . . help!

Why not? Go for it. BUT...Keep in mind that your EE topic must be "research-worthy". It is not a Paper2 or WA. You'll need to justify at some point how your investigation is worthy of consideration and worth reading. Does it in any way contribute to any research or commentary out there? Does you topic challenge any givens or taken-for-granted assumptions about this work? That sort of thing. To simply state that one gay boy is accepted by his society (score one for gays, yay?) means nothing. But I suspect you'll have something a little more profound to say about how this writer has tackled the subject and what insights he conveys through his work which are worthy of thought and discussion.

If not, then find something more significant.

• Like 1

On 17/3/2016 at 11:02 AM, Blackcurrant said:

Why not? Go for it. BUT...Keep in mind that your EE topic must be "research-worthy". It is not a Paper2 or WA. You'll need to justify at some point how your investigation is worthy of consideration and worth reading. Does it in any way contribute to any research or commentary out there? Does you topic challenge any givens or taken-for-granted assumptions about this work? That sort of thing. To simply state that one gay boy is accepted by his society (score one for gays, yay?) means nothing. But I suspect you'll have something a little more profound to say about how this writer has tackled the subject and what insights he conveys through his work which are worthy of thought and discussion.

If not, then find something more significant.

Yes, thank you for helping me :D This is really helpful.