What is your hardest and easiest subject?

FChaosi_

What IB subject(s) do you find most difficult and easy?
For me I find English Literature the hardest. I'm more of a maths/science person so I commonly struggle to interpret literature.
My easiest subject is probably Economics, being the subject I spend the least time on, because the concepts are quite simple and require minimal studying

• Like 3

Guest beyondtheimagine

I find English Literature HL the hardest, because I am more into the sciences/maths and I tend to struggle with writing essays and interpreting pieces of literature. 

Easiest subject I find so far is, History HL. It's mainly because my teacher often plays videos which helps me retain all the information easier. 

Edited by beyondtheimagine

Easiest: Geography.. plenty of memorising to do, but at its heart its not really that hard.

Hardest: Physics or English Lan/Lit. Struggled a bit in Physics last year, but I'm starting to understand the concepts a bit more this year. English is not necessarily 'hard', but its the most tedious subject and I hate writing essays + analysing because of my laziness

easiest: probably english lit SL; i'm pretty used to writing English essays by now, and it's also something I really enjoy! lessons are pretty chill, and everyone in my class is nice.

hardest: french B. I guess it's a subject which requires consistent and regular practice, which I'm not that good at. speaking skills continue to evade me, and it's one of the subjects i'm genuinely worried about :/

• Like 1

Same here, seems like French B SL being the hardest subject is a bit of a trend. It's hard because it's almost like we are learning a new language and they are expecting us to write essays on it. C'est tres difficile.

Easiest at the moment is music. If you do SL music and play a musical instrument a huge chunk of your grade can just come from performance, which I would be doing anyway without taking the subject. So basically in class I'm doing hardly anything while my friends doing HL are working on compositions

• Like 1

Easiest: Economics HL

Hardest: English Lit SL

Math and economics come naturally to me so it's not that much of an issue. On the other hand, I barely understand French but I understand English even less so I actually get better grades in French than English. :/

Edited by Elite X-Naut

Easiest: Chemistry SL and Geography HL

The concepts in chemistry are easy to grasp. Geography is just fun to learn (despite there's actually a lot of work)

Hardest: English Lit SL

It's such a struggle for me to pay attention to all the details and come up with some interpretation. Also it is a subject that is really hard to improve in since I keep on getting the same mark :(

English, Language and Literature HL is my easiest subject.

I prefer the concepts and I love reading so yeah. I honestly love all my HL subjects :D 

Hardest subject(s) is Maths Studies and Spanish Ab initio.

I know they're pretty pathetic but I honestly do struggle with them... explains the levels of course 

Edited by Acterale

20 minutes ago, Acterale said:

English, Language and Literature HL is my easiest subject.

I prefer the concepts and I love reading so yeah. I honestly love all my HL subjects :D 

Hardest subject(s) is Maths Studies and Spanish Ab initio.

I know they're pretty pathetic but I honestly do struggle with them... explains the levels of course 

As long as you're trying to improve in those subjects, I don't think finding them tough is pathetic. It's an unfair attitude to hold tbh - I struggled a lot with German SL even though I had studied German before. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2016 at 11:55 AM, Award Winning Boss said:

As long as you're trying to improve in those subjects, I don't think finding them tough is pathetic. It's an unfair attitude to hold tbh - I struggled a lot with German SL even though I had studied German before. 

I've been trying to improve both- a lot of people at my school don't take it seriously when I tell them that I dedicate most of my time with these two subjects... hopefully they don't drag my final results down. You're right though, thanks so much for that :)

Edited by Acterale