FChaosi_

What is your hardest and easiest subject?

58 posts in this topic

Hardest Subject: HL Physics or HL Chemistry. Both are hard

Easiest: HL Geography ( I do intend to study geography at uni) or SL English

Easiest: math or physics (HL on both)

Hardest: Literature (SL). By far. 

1 person likes this

Easiest: hoa HL (we also never test though haha)

Hardest: Lit is easy but the essays are graded really harshly 

High key jealous of everyone who's saying math is easy. I would rather write 5 more essays than do the Math SL exams. On the other hand, Russian B is the easiest. I dunno how, but I understand, like, 40% of the text, and end up with a 6? I can make multiple grammar mistakes in a sentence and it's marked right in the end? I love it. I think you start subconsciously understanding a language you're exposed to for a very long time, even if you never communicate in it. 

Or maybe History. I read, I understand, I find it so interesting I don't forget, and I've a knack for writing essays, so it's not difficult. I think I'd do really well if I had as much time as I'd like to spend on it, but f'ckin math takes all of it lol.

Hardest: Well French SL will be my lowest mark, and HL English Lit is awful!

Easiest: Econ HL, maybe because of Pamoja but I legit spend maybe an hour a week online learning it and I have a high 7. It's literally common sense and easy math

1 person likes this

My hardest subject would be CHEM HL.

it's hard to understand the chemistry concept and the most hardest part is when your teacher keep saying "CHEMISTRY IS JUST A COMMON SENSE"

1 person likes this

Easiest: Chemistry HL -- concepts are not too difficult to understand; a nice balance of memorization and calculation required yet not overly so.

Hardest: Maths SL -- I've never been good at maths so naturally this is my worst -- and hardest subject.

1 person likes this

None of them really lol (because I'm such a beast), but maybe it is just because I only just started The IB. The subject which I think will be the hardest will be chemistry.

On April 10, 2016 at 10:17 PM, ellie said:

High key jealous of everyone who's saying math is easy. I would rather write 5 more essays than do the Math SL exams. On the other hand, Russian B is the easiest. I dunno how, but I understand, like, 40% of the text, and end up with a 6? I can make multiple grammar mistakes in a sentence and it's marked right in the end? I love it. I think you start subconsciously understanding a language you're exposed to for a very long time, even if you never communicate in it. 

Or maybe History. I read, I understand, I find it so interesting I don't forget, and I've a knack for writing essays, so it's not difficult. I think I'd do really well if I had as much time as I'd like to spend on it, but f'ckin math takes all of it lol.

Other way around here. Even taking the literature exams feels hard because literature is so uninspiring that sheer boredom makes me want to get out of the exam asap. Even if I try hard and after exam feel I'm a genius on top of the world the result is 5 or 4 and I go back remembering I'm impressively stupid. 

On math however, it just makes sense. I read the question and solution usually pops to my head, and I get to realize things and get satisfaction from the beauty of mathematical system. Literature used to take all my time but I just gave up on it and funnily enough my grades didn't even drop.

2 people like this

^this, can totally relate.

My grade improved for English once I gave up actually trying...

1 person likes this

English A Lit HL - hardest

Easiest? Bitch nothing's easy in IB (French B HL though if I had to choose) 

Hardest: Biology SL (it's not really that hard, i just hate biology)
Easiest: English and Math Studies :P 

Edited by AnastasiaVr

Hardest: Spanish ab initio, Computer Science

Easiest: Geography (plenty of memorizing but once you know how to write good essays, you'll be fine), Math 

Hardest: Biology HL- It is a very time consuming subject. Although in the first 2 terms of IB I have gotten a 7 in it, I had to put a lot of time/devote a large proportion of my last minute study into it. If I could I would switch HL Bio to HL lit but seeing as my school has already done their IOP's (and me being generally horrible at English) I think this may be out of question

Easiest: Economics HL- Generally just an easy subject that does not have as much breadth or depth as my other HL's (chem and bio). Still, screw graphs, I hate losing marks on them. 

For me, the hardest course is definitely English Literature HL because of the IOC and the easiest one is Economics HL because it's based more on concepts and diagrams rather than just straight out memorizing stuff like in Bio HL 

Most difficult  one Chemistry SL and easiest english literature HL

I have a particular favorable array of subjects, mostly humanities-oriented.

I find the easiest maybe Literature HL, English B and Math. Studies. For these its like you don't even have to study outside class, as Literature is easy for me as well as english as a second language and math studies has mechanic questions which after you do tons of papers and discuss a lot of those questions in class, believe me there are no "surprise" questions.

In the middle maybe I would put History HL, because its hard to have maximum grades due to its less objective criteria and argumentative-essay style, but still it doesn't require me much to prepare for the test, like I know a few important events from each chapter and then I create my own arguments, which, if sustained, are valid. I am struggling to get a 7, but 5 or 6 is quite attainable.

The hardest are definitely Economics SL and ESS SL... they just require a lot of memorization and little interest and commitment from the students. They both contain very abstract concepts which, even though not fully explored like harder subjects like maths HL or Philosophy, the fact these are vague and abstract attempts, it makes it even harder for us students. Honestly, not my "kind" of subjects. 

Hardest: Maths HL (duh :P)

Easiest: German B HL 

Hardest: Geography (I feel like giving up on life in class) 

Easiest: Chemistry (easy money) 

This question is very personal as there are scientists, mathematicians, literates etc.

But personally I believe that Spanish AB or Geo HL are my easiest subjects even though I'm getting a 6 in both subjects, but that is because I put all of my effort into the subjects I want to take into university.

The hardest subject to me is Maths SL as I have never been great at maths, I was at a 2 at half yearly and busted ass to get to a 5 by the yearly exams.

From easiest to hardest for me (I'm in Year 1 right now):

Social and Cultural Anthropology SL (though it's a fantastic course) < Chinese B SL (I'm actually in level 5 right now, SL is next year. It's okay -- I've been learning the language for four years and I do well in the class, but I fear the IB test will be much harder than my tests in class) < Math HL (this probably isn't the hardest right now because my school does AP Calculus AB* the first year, and HL components the second year) < English A: Literature HL (I'm an English person, so I enjoy it a lot -- my teacher is very good, but she's brutal) < History of the Americas HL (densest workload possible -- but it's my favorite subject) = Physics SL (conceptually challenging in some ways for me)

*AP Calculus covers more calculus content than HL Math, but HL Math does way more than just calculus so I'm kind of screwed. Oh well, it'll work out.

Hardest: Biology/Chemistry HL

(I can't decide because my Bio teacher doesn't teach well or know things at all - however my Chem teacher knows a lot  and is okay at explaining; it's just the concepts)

Easiest: English lang & lit SL 

(Sure it requires hard work and lots of writing, reading and FOAs - but I don't find it a subject in which I have to learn too many new things to improve) The key is in out-of-class work!)

Easiest for me is definitely English A Literature HL. Love that stuff.

Hardest is probably Bio SL, that stuff kills me