What is your hardest and easiest subject?

FChaosi_

• 2 weeks later...

High key jealous of everyone who's saying math is easy. I would rather write 5 more essays than do the Math SL exams. On the other hand, Russian B is the easiest. I dunno how, but I understand, like, 40% of the text, and end up with a 6? I can make multiple grammar mistakes in a sentence and it's marked right in the end? I love it. I think you start subconsciously understanding a language you're exposed to for a very long time, even if you never communicate in it. 

Or maybe History. I read, I understand, I find it so interesting I don't forget, and I've a knack for writing essays, so it's not difficult. I think I'd do really well if I had as much time as I'd like to spend on it, but f'ckin math takes all of it lol.

Easiest: Chemistry HL -- concepts are not too difficult to understand; a nice balance of memorization and calculation required yet not overly so.

Hardest: Maths SL -- I've never been good at maths so naturally this is my worst -- and hardest subject.

• Like 1

On April 10, 2016 at 10:17 PM, ellie said:

High key jealous of everyone who's saying math is easy. I would rather write 5 more essays than do the Math SL exams. On the other hand, Russian B is the easiest. I dunno how, but I understand, like, 40% of the text, and end up with a 6? I can make multiple grammar mistakes in a sentence and it's marked right in the end? I love it. I think you start subconsciously understanding a language you're exposed to for a very long time, even if you never communicate in it. 

Or maybe History. I read, I understand, I find it so interesting I don't forget, and I've a knack for writing essays, so it's not difficult. I think I'd do really well if I had as much time as I'd like to spend on it, but f'ckin math takes all of it lol.

Other way around here. Even taking the literature exams feels hard because literature is so uninspiring that sheer boredom makes me want to get out of the exam asap. Even if I try hard and after exam feel I'm a genius on top of the world the result is 5 or 4 and I go back remembering I'm impressively stupid. 

On math however, it just makes sense. I read the question and solution usually pops to my head, and I get to realize things and get satisfaction from the beauty of mathematical system. Literature used to take all my time but I just gave up on it and funnily enough my grades didn't even drop.

• Like 2

Hardest: Biology HL- It is a very time consuming subject. Although in the first 2 terms of IB I have gotten a 7 in it, I had to put a lot of time/devote a large proportion of my last minute study into it. If I could I would switch HL Bio to HL lit but seeing as my school has already done their IOP's (and me being generally horrible at English) I think this may be out of question

Easiest: Economics HL- Generally just an easy subject that does not have as much breadth or depth as my other HL's (chem and bio). Still, screw graphs, I hate losing marks on them. 

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the hardest course is definitely English Literature HL because of the IOC and the easiest one is Economics HL because it's based more on concepts and diagrams rather than just straight out memorizing stuff like in Bio HL