Chemistry IA number of pages

rosie123

Can someone tell me how many pages can my Chemistry IA have. I was looking at the ChemGuide for 2016 and read that my write-up must be about 6 to 12 pages long. So, basically, I would like to know what is included in write-up? My IA has 11 pages without cover page, content page and bibliography, so when including everything there are 14 pages. Now, I am not sure if this is acceptable.

Thank you all!! :)

All of these MUST be included.

Introduction, Background Information, Variables, Aim, Hypothesis, Method of Investigation, Materials, Procedure, Data & Analysis, Evaluation (included Sources of Error), Conclusion, Works Cited.

2 minutes ago, frank!e said:

All of these MUST be included.

Introduction, Background Information, Variables, Aim, Hypothesis, Method of Investigation, Materials, Procedure, Data & Analysis, Evaluation (included Sources of Error), Conclusion, Works Cited.

These should be precise, so focus on your thesis so that you don't included unnecessary information - this could help cut down on some pages.

Reports longer than 12 pages will be penalised under the communication criterion.

The latest news from the IB (for May 2016) is that reports should be written using Arial size 12 font and double spaced. But you should check with your teacher as to what the requirements are.