Sign in to follow this  

Question about CAS

Our student counselor mentioned more than once a 1-year project and a 6-month project and a 1-week project, but I've never seen anything like that in the IBO. Are those stuff my school wants or are the IB requirements?

Our school says that we must do one project, which must include two areas of CAS, be a group work and something we initiate ourselves. That is the only "project" in CAS I've heard about, apart from the usual activities.

It's what your school wants. I've never heard of those requirements. Our school did weekly projects at the end of year that incorporated the C and A and S. Never heard of 6 months or 1 year.

Well, yeah. I think different schools have different requirements. Our school asks for at least a long term project and a short term project. The long terms should span through IB1 and IB2. And at least 1 external project.

I've never heard of that. My school makes everyone participate in saturday morning sport so there's A. They clog our inbox with opportunities for S and there are numerous musicals and orchestra's to be involved in for C so I suppose they don't need to offer these types of projects. However some schools like to enhance the 'IB experience' by doing these projects, it's probably just thier way of extending you.

There are no "projects" in the IB requirements, I'm pretty sure about that. In my school, they usually organize a day or few days in the year for people to do designated CAS activities. Normally, it's when seniors start getting desperate for CAS hours. Or when the MYP accreditation team is visiting. Nice show of spirit.

2007- 3 days of either olive picking for a hospital/ gardening at the Botanical Gardens/ computerizing the school library
- "100 Bowls", where the little kids made bowls and they were sold for $5 each with soup, bread and salad. All the parents were invited (since it took place at lunch) and people performed onstage. That was fun. Optional participation.

2008- School production titled "Brave New World" where there was catering, stage crew, scenery, singing, dancing, etc. Once again, optional participation.

[quote name='Vvi' post='31213' date='Dec 29 2008, 12:35 AM']There are no "projects" in the IB requirements, I'm pretty sure about that. In my school, they usually organize a day or few days in the year for people to do designated CAS activities. Normally, it's when seniors start getting desperate for CAS hours. Or when the MYP accreditation team is visiting. Nice show of spirit.[/quote]

For students draduating in 2009, the guide doen't mention anything >.<

For students graduating in 2010, you we required to :unsure: . [url="http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=2562"]http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?...ost&id=2562[/url] Check the last paragraph pg. 20