Student Council Campaign Ideas

Anonymouser

Heya guys!

Alright... As the topic description says, I'm running for Student Council President. I just want ideas/suggestions for my campaign.

Anything would do. =D Thanks!

Ideas for election campaign till now:

- Posters (duh) [done, but still to be repeated]

- Candy give-away? [done, gave away cookies]

- Sticky posters (on people) [to be done tomorrow]

- Big poster (containing what will be my changes) [to be done tomorrow]

Ideas if won:

- Teacher appreciation day

- Monthly wacko clothes day

- School Band

- A School Forum

- Class Trips

Banner: Banner2.jpg

Out of ideas for the moment, also cause I'm a bit sleepy.

Please help as much as possible guys! If I actually win president it might change my life. I'm applying to really big universities (MIT, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, CalTech, Northeastern, etc.) and if they see I was able to win President in a school of around 1,500 students they'll be impressed, or I hope so. Don't hesitate to post any idea at all, even if you think it's silly. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Anonymouser

Are you in IB1 or IB2? Most presidents start out as some sort of exec (vice-pres, head of activities, etc) so you might want to try running for those as it'll be easier.

Edit: Hehe, sorry, just saw your sig. Do teachers vote too? What's the point of teacher appreciation day otherwise?

For ideas for election campaign... actually come up with some sort of plan that you'll follow to change the school. (Learn from the current US election :dunno: )

Edited by moneyfaery

I'm IB-II so can't, I either get President now or byebye. =(

Edit:

I just made a quick banner/poster in like 10-mins. Tell me what you think about it.

My friend's making me a better one as we speak, but yea.

Link is in the first post.

Ty btw =P

Edited by Anonymouser

Nopes, grade twelvers are only allowed to run as President, can't run for Vice, that's for grade 11. Grade 12 can run for Treasurer or Secretary or etc. but if I run for one post I can't run for another, I either lose or win. (That's in the student council, I can run in other stuff tho) I'm also going to try to run a GIN, Global Issues Network, club. (Environmental Issues)

I'm running for Chairperson in MUN (Model United Nations) and I'm running for Class Representative and President of Student Council, but the most effective of those 3 are President and Chairperson, that's why I'm trying hard on both. You're making my attempt sound futile lol. I do have a good chance at winning. I've got a pretty big bunch of people helping me to win but yea I still wanna run a good campaign.

Have you got any ideas that might help out in any way?

Edited by Anonymouser

You're making my attempt sound futile lol. I do have a good chance at winning. I've got a pretty big bunch of people helping me to win but yea I still wanna run a good campaign.

Sorry, didn't mean to. :dunno: Do you have to give a speech? Be sure to restate/emphasize why you would be the best one for the job. Could you also go around and talk to as many people as possible? That way, potential voters will at least know who you are (you said you were in a pretty big school). I know a few years back, someone did that and he really made an impression.

Haha, its okay. :coffee:

Yea we do, but it's not too long, just a really short one stating who you are and what you're running for or something like that.

Could you also go around and talk to as many people as possible? That way, potential voters will at least know who you are (you said you were in a pretty big school). I know a few years back, someone did that and he really made an impression.
I was thinking of that, I'll give it a shot. I just hope it works =P

You liked my banner btw?

And thanks!

What do you mean? Pomp and show?

Are you a member in the Student Council?

Well..what i'm trying to say is that just be yourself...the people i was running against, adopted wierd ways to win votes(you know...started boasting about their qualities and became extraordinarily nice to people)....and yes, i'm student council president...

well....spoke to alot of people (you knoe, got involved...spoke to them about their problems and all..), put up loadzz of posters, gave away cookies, and most importantly had a VERY powerfull speech about the changes i would bring about and so on...(personally, i think the speech did the trick)...

Haha I was planning the cookies thing already, guna give them out tomorrow probably. The problem is that we don't get to give a proper speech, our speeches are usually too short. "Hi I'm Mohannad and I'm running for president" and another max 10 words and you're done. I'm guna try to make/ask for a longer speech. I'm guna try to talk to the people, get involved, get suggestions. =D

Thanks btw.

Edited by Anonymouser

Thanks! I gave out the cookies today and talked to them, told them what I was planning to do and stuff, it worked! Many got impressed and are hopefully voting for me! (that doesn't include the half-billion people who just said they'll vote for me for the cookies :) )

Tomorrow I'm going to stick big posters saying the changes that I'm hoping to make. Many are waiting for them in order to compare. =D

Give me ideas people! Ideas for after the campaign or in the campaign, it's all good!

Edited by Anonymouser

Hehe, sorry, just saw your sig. Do teachers vote too? What's the point of teacher appreciation day otherwise?

For ideas for election campaign... actually come up with some sort of plan that you'll follow to change the school. (Learn from the current US election :) )

Sorry, I just noticed your edited post.

Yes teachers do vote. But that's not the only reason I have that lol, we have some teachers that really work hard and students never appreciate it. And yea I am trying to follow a plan, a simple one. And I'll be posting it in the school tomorrow, on the big posters. My plan's working fine till now, if it stays this way I might win. :)

Thanks. =D

Edit: I changed the banner. Uploaded the new one. (Yes I know it looks like crap lol, my glasses are tilted and my shirt is buttoned to the top. =S I was concentrating too much on the angle. Anywho when it's printed it doesn't show as much.)

Edited by Anonymouser

Cool I wish I could have run a campaign when i was running for president.

We had some kind of nomination comitie who took out the one they considered best, and then presented that to the council.

And well, they were a joke... seriously asked me 1 question and then we were done, I was like damn...

So I got to be VP, (maybe i should tell you that the nomination comitie were good friends of our current president...)

But now we changed the regulation so the whole school gets to vote.

My general thought is that you just want people to know you, or atleast recognize you. It is the most important that they know your

statement, but that they have a feeling for you as a person. They want to have someone they can connect to as president.

Just talk to people and tell them you are running for president and want them to vote for you, and then if they ask questions

you can go on about what you want to do as a president.

The old system was pretty much unfair. I believe voting is much better; it' fair at least.

And that's kind of exactly what I'm doing. Talking to the guys and giving out cookies and whatnot. And I encourage them to ask me questions and I go ahead and answer. It's going pretty well until now. I hope it stays this way. =P

Hey Anonymoususer, when I first read your messages, I went and googled it. I found some really interesting pages

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Great-Student-Council-Campaign

http://www.wikihow.com/Run-for-President-of-Student-Council

http://homeworktips.about.com/od/makingthe...dentcouncil.htm

(And a couple more which I can't find right now)

The almost say the same thing, but make sure you go through them all and have all the point done because that way you ensure being really competitive.

I think the cookies idea is really good. And I guess people are getting to know you and are showing some interest, which is really cool. Best of luck.

By the way, what are the changes you want to bring to your school? Just curious...

As i know a student election is nothing more than a popularity contest where the one with the funniest speech or presentation wins due to the imprint left on the other students. try going funny a little at the same time as being serious in your ideals and everything would go from there.

Remember it is the final speech that is the most important,

and one more thing, i am in the student council.