ATPL or PPL Courses running side by side of IB? :)

short_sk8er16

Hello all! I finally feel happy to come to a place where I can hear about the same problems on the other side of the globe :dunno: ! So I was wondering if anyone was doing any of the above mentioned courses during their IB? In other words is someone out there also TRYING to do their pilot license at the same time?
Cheers!
- Miguel

Even though I didn't go after a PPL whilst in IB, it's not that difficult to dedicate about 6 hours a week to learn theory and as well as a couple of hours of flying.

You must first start with your PPL and then a CPL, then do IR and then get your hands on an ATPL. Besides, most countries want you to be 18 before you get your ATPL. I'd suggest to take it slowly because you don't want too much time away from your school work.

:coffee: I've just got into IB2 and that just isn't the way its done in Portugal. I know it's very backwards but I've already got 600 hours of theory and 45 hours of flying... I'm averaging 30 points with my subjects so yar! And it's not really 6 hours a week for theory unless it's a part time PPL course. Mine's on average 3 hour classes for about every weekday average 4 days a week... Cannot seem to understand where the time goes for the IB :P ... Most CAS hours 'award' here I come :)