History of the Americas IA Questions

BananaSmoothie

Hi, 

Was wondering if I could get some feed back on my topics for my IA questions. Thanks! 

To what extent did Jim Crow Laws affect African American’s in the 1960’s? 

To what extent did the reconstruction period impact laws of the African Americans? 

To what extent was was Fidel Castro’s  role significant in the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!,

Since I just studied that topic in my HL class (African Americans Civil Rights) I could suggest you to put attention on this aspects in order to improve your Internal Assessment:

• Question 1: To what extent did Jim Crow Laws affect African American’s in the 1960’s? 
    -In which aspect do you want to work about while writing "affect"? Economical, social, political, cultural, ideological...?
    -Be conscious that working the 60's means working the whole decade and with the civil rights law of 1964 and voting rights act of 1965 of USA, Jim Crow Laws were removed.

• Question 2: To what extent did the reconstruction period impact laws of the African Americans? 
    -Work on your redaction.
    -With nothing more to say, this question has multiple arguments to support on so it seems good.

• Question 3: To what extent was was Fidel Castro’s  role significant in the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962?
    -
    Again, in which aspect are you going to work about? Castro's economical, social, political, cultural, or ideological influence?

• General review:
    -To choose which topic and question to do, find firstly good references to work on. For example, begin researching in your local library books containing Civil Rights Movement (I have ones in PDF if you are interested) or Castro's Influence in Cuban Missile Crisis.
    As my teacher says, this is the mainly aspect you have to take account while doing your IA because, in general words, it is your base to work on.

Hope this feed back helps :).

Edited by sebastiang0918
  • Like 2