Extended Essay

Anonymouser

Our principal and IB coordinator say that starting IB First Examinations 2009, if you get a D in your EE, you lose your diploma.

That's pretty scary, does anyone have any info on that?

I haven't seen it in any IB regulations or anything but yea if our coordinator is saying it I doubt its false, or is it?

P.S. It's funny. =P You can apply to a uni and go like "I got a 42 (which is straight 7's) in IB, but I failed to get the diploma."

Our principal and IB coordinator say that starting IB First Examinations 2009, if you get a D in your EE, you lose your diploma.

That's pretty scary, does anyone have any info on that?

I haven't seen it in any IB regulations or anything but yea if our coordinator is saying it I doubt its false, or is it?

P.S. It's funny. =P You can apply to a uni and go like "I got a 42 (which is straight 7's) in IB, but I failed to get the diploma."

We got this IB paper where it said that it is, from May 2010 I think, no longer possible to get a D only in EE or ToK, you must have at least D in both. So, if you're a May09:er, I guess a D+E either way would award you the diploma, or at least a D+D would.

Can you just recheck about the dates? Cause I'm in IB-II so whether its M09 or M10 there's a big difference. =P

And according to our coordinator, if we get a D we'll fail. This is confusing! I'll go look it up. If you could find the paper and confirm I'd be more than grateful.