How hard is IB Physics?

Aditya Chandra

Hey guys, I was planning on taking HL Physics for IB. 

I'm unsure about the difficulty of this subject because everyone says its really hard. I am not GREAT at physics but I like it and I think if I put in the effort i can definitely manage, but is it really as hard as everyone says it is? I'm pretty worried already. :/ 

My class we learned SL then some additional topics in kinematics, electrostatics, and fields. We have access to lots of past papers, if you tried searching in Chinese websites you might find some. Great majority of the class got 6s and 7s. Once you get used to rearranging the equations and doing some of the problems it's not too bad. As long as you good foundation, such as in kinematics and dynamics, then everything else shouldn't be too bad. It's going to be quite challenging in the beginning but once you actively read some textbook or watch some online videos it's going to get better. Important thing is to always ask questions if you don't understand something and not blindly memorize

I would encourage you to take it if you like it. You can drop to SL later if you really find it too hard. Its not easy for sure but I guess it is meant to be that way. Just take it and see how it suits and caters to your needs. It will especially be helpful if you plan on doing something physics related (e.g.: engineering) later on in uni.