Sign in to follow this  

Weird..

In my school I have to do 150 hours of CAS. But my CAS coordinator insist us on making sure that we have at least 6 activities to fill in the 150 hours. We can have single activities, as in pure creativity, or action, or service, but we also need to have activities where we mix the three (CAS) together, so we have to have an activity where there is C & S, and C & A, and A & S.

Does your school do that too?

We've to have at least four different activities under each category, but there are no combo requirements. But everyone I know who has to combine two or more elements of CAS usually does that as part of a school-organized project because they make it easy for them to meet the requirements.

We have to do something "global" too, and we have a criteria that we have to fill, and by the time the 2 years are over we need to have done activities that meet all of those criteria (e.g learn a new skill, work in a team, organize an event). And they highly recommend us to do mixed CAS activities, but I mean, it's pretty easy to find some activity and then say that it is mixed...

lol my school really doesn't care what we do......its great
As long as its 50 hours each, and it meets all the criteria they'll tick you off.
The probs is that they're like super strict on the criteria, and if the activity will help even in the slightest way in something related to an IB subject they won't let you do it!!!
Seeing as I do music for IB im having trouble finding ANYTHING for creativity, as I can't count music lessons or orchestra.....weird
Oh well, you guys seem to have it worse tho................