Can I include a Glossary of Terms along with Sources and Appendix?

tashakappler

I'm doing my IA on Bloody Sunday '72 and there's heaps of terms which need to be explained in my opinion. Political positions, organisations and locations of cultural significance - a lot of these terms are crucial to getting a better understanding of the severity of the events that took place before and after. Are we allowed to include a glossary section? And would it be part of the word count?

I don't believe a glossary section can be its own thing, but it could be an appendix. Appendices don't count towards the word count. (graders don't have to read them either, but most will glance at them.)

Alternatively, you could also use footnotes which also don't count toward the word count. I did this a few times in my IA. For example, I defined Marxist Communism and the dictatorship of the proletariat. 

Hopefully, this makes some sense. If not don't hesitate to ask more questions

~IB_taking_over

56 minutes ago, IB_taking_over said:

I don't believe a glossary section can be its own thing, but it could be an appendix. Appendices don't count towards the word count. (graders don't have to read them either, but most will glance at them.)

Alternatively, you could also use footnotes which also don't count toward the word count. I did this a few times in my IA. For example, I defined Marxist Communism and the dictatorship of the proletariat. 

Hopefully, this makes some sense. If not don't hesitate to ask more questions

~IB_taking_over

That makes more sense, I'll do that. Thanks!