*Edit: Math IA Type I Questions

TeeBlake

Need you guys' help!

I'm starting a math IA on matrices tomorrow...and i have no idea what software to use (downloadable online plz) for writing out the matrices and stuff...

my teacher mentioned something on microsoft office 2007...but i have no idea how to use it...

help! you guys are awesome

Edited by TeeBlake

new questions...

okay...seemed that i panicked for nothing...thanks for the replies..really calmed me down ^^

i have some further questions regarding the criteria...

at the bottom of my assignment...it wrote "discuss the scope and/or limitations of your general statement." then "use an algebraic method to explain how you arrived at your general statement"

my question is...what is the "general statement" referring to? (i'm doing my IA on matrix binomials...and also, in the criteria, i don't get the whole criterion C (even my teach doesn't get it)...it says "(to achieve 4/5: the student successfully analysies the correct data to enable the formulation of a general statement. 5/5: the student test the general statement by considering the further examples)

those who have knowledge about this...please help me...

please and thank you!

hi!

i'm a new member, but i think i may have an answer to your problem.

For criterion C, i think it means to apply your general statement, aka, a formula other than the one provided, to real numbers, and testing it out to see if you get a matching answer to... say what your graphing calculator says.

I'm working on the same assignment right now :)

A quick question though... What program did you end up using for making matrices? I only have word 2003, and TI-Interactive is no good :S took me a long time to make ONE matrix... any suggestions?

Edited by d00m5day

hi!

i'm a new member, but i think i may have an answer to your problem.

For criterion C, i think it means to apply your general statement, aka, a formula other than the one provided, to real numbers, and testing it out to see if you get a matching answer to... say what your graphing calculator says.

I'm working on the same assignment right now :)

A quick question though... What program did you end up using for making matrices? I only have word 2003, and TI-Interactive is no good :S took me a long time to make ONE matrix... any suggestions?

i'm using Word 07...so i'm okay...umm...try MathCast, MathEditor, Mathtype 6.0

btw..seeing you're in canada...which school do you go to?

Hi guys, i haven't started my IA yet but probably get it this week!!! I wanted to know whether the IB usually have all students do an IA on the same topic, or it varies from school to school? Do your teachers help u in any way with the IAs. thanks in advance

Ya...IB doesn't care much about math so they have about 3 or 4 different IA's, at most, for all the thousands of IB students in the world...and yet they don't let even one student have the same ENGLISH ia topic as another. You might wanna look into the IA's that members submitted. I posted mine about matrices last year, don't know if its the same one but it had a similar quesiton at the end.