Music - How hard do they mark the performances?

Cubz

Hey GUys
I'm taking Music atm, and thinking of taking it as Higher Level. The problem is that i'm worried about how strict they are on marking the performances. So if anyone has done this if they could let me know what grade or standard they were in their instrument and how this affected their marks thatd be great.
I play the Piano and the Bassoon, I consider myself at a reasonably high level but there are quite a few in my class (non ib and ib) that are a bit higher. IF I play an easier piece really well will I get marked down?

Earlier this year, I had the chance to catch a small snippet of conversation from the markers that came to my school.

Basically, they probably talk a lot of pretentious bull**** about the 'feel' and the 'style' as well as the technical ability of the student (though that is quite important)

You need to be a performer as well as a musician (look up, away from the music)

On difficulty, you should be going for the best that you can play to a good standard, so you impress more.

Anyway, they do try to mark it hard, because there's no point for the teacher to go easy.

I really considered taking music HL, but decided not to. One of my friends has it HL if I've understood him correctly, he had to fight really hard for his predicted 6 and he is still a tremedous clarinet player, one of the best youth players in my country, so I think it's pretty tough.

By the way, I also play the bassoon <_<