Should I change my topic? Found very similar EE as a VIP File here

Katia99

I don't have VIP Subscription, so I haven't read it and the link says it has only been downloaded 8 times. Regardless, from their thesis I know we will have a 80% similar methodology with the same aim. 

This is for a mathematics EE - is it risky to keep my same topic? 

You are not expected to invent a whole new world of mathematics at high school so it's not fair to ask you to explore something distinct from any other previous IB student. If you think that just by having the same thesis you will have identical methodology then you need to make yours more creative (Criterion C Investigation), not for anti-cheating reasons but for scoring higher marks. If you think reading others' EE will deprive you of your original approaches then you should not look for model EEs on the same topic. This is best if you have in mind a particular research question. In practice though if you do find a good EE either come up with an investigation to strengthen the previous paper or move on to a completely new topic. This may be more applicable if you are still open to ideas.