Econ IA plagiarism worry

Hello,

So I did an Econ IA one late night (only 1/3 IAs) and I was using my Econ IB textbook, and copied some parts of my explanation for the diagram word for word.

my teacher has not/will not have us submjt anything to vericite/tii but I have a possibility of being selected for moderation. Will IB consider what I did plagiarism? Will there be repercussions for my teacher not catching it, or the school? Will I not get my IB diploma or will I just get a zero on the IA and still have the ability to pass my exams and get my diploma?

pls help I am worried, AND I KNOW PLAGIARISM IS BAD I SHOULDVE CITED THE TEXTBOOK I AM AN IDIOT I KNOW BUT LESSON LEARNED

You have 2 options now. If it's not too late, tell your teacher that you realized now that you forgot to cite something and ask if the school can resubmit the IA... (Last year a student from grade 12 recognized after submitting that she forgot to cite something and fortunately she was able to resubmit it...)

The second option is, if you can't resubmit the IA, that you just wait and hope, that the IB won't catch your plagiarism... Actually this option is horrible and terrible and it sucks, i know, but you have to live with that...

If you are lucky, they won't catch you and you will be able to get your diploma...

If you get caught, then usually you won't get your diploma.

Edited by Moma

• 1 month later...

If it's a couple of sentences I don't think it will be that big of a problem.

Did you put it through TurnItIn? this shows you the percentage of info that you have copied from other sources. All IA's must be less than 15% plagiarism at least. (: