Geography PAPER 1 - CORE

Hi All,

I was wondering for the coming exams, how likely do any of you think that the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) will come up as a question? As they were due to be 'completed' at the end of 2015 I personally felt that this must surely be the last year they could ask about them and so would be very likely to come up.

Anybody else got an opinion on this?

The syllabus states 

"Examine the progress made in meeting the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in poverty reduction, education and health." 

I think there has been a few MDG questions in past papers, but its your call whether or not they will be in the upcoming exams. As 2015 is over, I guess the IB could ask you for an overall summary of the MDG's.. updated case studies will be very useful.

• Like 1

I can definitely see the IB asking a question such as "Evaluate the success of the MDGs in reducing poverty, ect." or "Examine how the MDGs could have been improved to be more successful". Maybe have a (quick) read of the SDGs (the next iteration of the MDGs); they would be useful in the way you can think of international development priorities overall.

• Like 1

Hey! 

I'm taking Geography on monday and our teacher showed as up to what extend were the expectations met and the new mdg goals