How difficult is Mandarin AB initio?

I was planning on taking French B initio but my French is pretty bad (in terms of speaking and pronunciation, my grammar is pretty good). Because of this, I am considering taking Chinese AB online on Pamoja. I speak Chinese at home but I can barely write it. Should I take the online Chinese course or should I go with French? I think I'll be able to get a higher grade in Chinese but I'm not sure how the online courses are.

Hey! I had a friend who took Mandarin through Pamoja, and he did not like his experience.

I chose French because the IA is written and so are both exams. There's a speaking bit worth about 25%, so it didn't really affect my mark. I am also good at grammar, so I could keep up.

However, my friend took Mandarin, and actually got a 2. There was no doubt that he struggled a ton, and broke down before exams. However, he had absolutely no experience with the language and had poor study skills. He never tried to keep up with Pamoja because there was really no incentive to, it's mostly student-oriented, and it's easy to 'cheat' with google translate so he never actually learned anything.

However, you seem to know a bit about the language, and your parents could probably help you out a bit. Keep in mind that this will be mostly writing-based in terms of IAs and exams (like French) so you would have to really study it.

So, choose the language you would most like to learn since that will make it easier!