How do I answer this questiona nd get full points?

Q: Describe the adaptations of plants in deserts to conserve water.

A: Desert plants have adapted to the extreme of heat and aridity by using physical and behavioral mechanisms. Plants have adapted by altering their physical structure - xerophytes (cacti). Phreatophytes are plants that have adapted to arid environments by growing extremely long roots to acquire water further underground.

I feel like this is not a full answer, the question is worth 4 points so I feel like there's more to it. What am I missing?

Hi there,

I suppose you could add more features to describe how plants conserve water. For example, most plants in the dessert has evolved to grow thick stems as well to store water and needle-like leaves to prevent excessive water loss through transpiration. Also you could talk about the behavioural mechanisms of a tumbleweed as that plant disperse it's seed by wind movement that allows it to tumble across the dessert. 

I hope I helped out a bit :')

Hey! Depending on the number of marks, you could say something along the lines of this :)

Xerophytes are plants that are adapted to desert conditions. They have a number of adaptations that help them to conserve water. Some have curled leaves, that increase humidity near the stomata and thus reduce transpiration. Some have spines instead of leaves, which reduces the surface area for transpiration. Some have special succulent tissues that retain water. Some have physiological processes such as a thick waxy cuticle  and some use CAM Physiology, whereby they open the stomata at night to allow carbon dioxide to diffuse in and thus do not risk losing water vapour by transpiration at the intense heat of the day.

Edited by IBsurvivor98