Antigone Written Assignment Help

Hello, so my written assignment is going to be about Antigone. My current topic is "The role the loneliness of the character(s) in Antigone."

So my question is what is better to for my essay?Do I 1- Focus on a single character such as Antigone/Creon and go through her/his loneliness throughout the play? or 2- Write about Antigone, Creon and Ismene and talk about their loneliness and how it affects specific actions they do?

Any and all advice would be helpful.

Sorry for the inconvenience and Thanks for the Help! 

5 hours ago, TheUltimate9 said:

Hello, so my written assignment is going to be about Antigone. My current topic is "The role the loneliness of the character(s) in Antigone."

So my question is what is better to for my essay?Do I 1- Focus on a single character such as Antigone/Creon and go through her/his loneliness throughout the play? or 2- Write about Antigone, Creon and Ismene and talk about their loneliness and how it affects specific actions they do?

Any and all advice would be helpful.

Sorry for the inconvenience and Thanks for the Help! 

I think you should focus on one character because that way you can go a lot more in-depth. You also have a really tight word limit if this is the WIT paper (1200-1500 words), so it's not enough for comparing two characters super in-depth. Also if this is the WIT paper, make sure you are focusing on authorial choices. 

• Like 1

I would say it depends on the amount of content you can generate and whether just writing about a single character would give you sufficient content for the whole essay. My advice would be that you start off with Antigone to begin with and you go through the play and take out every single example you can find of loneliness relating to her character. Then basically you look at what you've got and if you've not gathered much material, pick another character and add them in as well.

Basically what you're asking is whether your topic is too small or not and you can only find that out by actually checking how much material you've actually got.