Hey guys

So I've been studying 8.2 and 8.3 (extremely complex and hard, might I add) and there is so much info.
I just can't understand what to give importance to (IM using the Oxford book)
DO I have to remember ALL diagrams, reactions structures? I understand how Calvin and Krebs work but do I have to remember each and every reaction in this cycle and remember the reduction, oxidation and everything else?

Thanks!

Hey!

The Oxford book can be confusing and it has a lot of additional info that you do not need!The main part of the reactions are the same, such as oxidation, reduction and decarboxylation. 

Although you do need to know the reactions, the extra details are not needed. For example, in the krebs cycle, you need to know where the Acetyl group from ACoA feeds in to the krebs cycle to become Citrate. After that, you don't need to know the names of the sugars, you can regard them as C5 and C4. Most of the reactions are the same thing over and over again going from one sugar to the next, with the exception that FAD+ also gets reduced and one ATP is formed at the end.

Also, if you are having trouble with names. You can regard  NADH+Has Reduced NAD, which is easier to remember. Same thing goes for FAD and also in photosynthesis. If you look at the markschemes for these type of questions, you get marks for understanding the main parts of the reaction and nothing else. It's really not that hard once you see the similarity in both Photosynthesis and Cell Respiration.

Message me if you need any help!