Doing IB first year twice

Raghav Ram

I moved to India after completing grade 11 in IB but my school did not provide admissions to grade 12 IB so I did my grade 11 again in IB. Will this affect my placements in Universities, if so what could be the effects ?

Edited by Raghav Ram

To be honest, I doubt it will affect you at all. I see you post this in the Northern America university sub-category, so I guess you intend to go study in the US / Canada? In that case, I cannot say anything for sure, but people take gap years and they're fine. People retake exams and that's fine. I don't see how 'I was forced to take the year again due to admission restrictions at the school' would prevent you in any way or form, as long as they know that's why. In addition, in the US, they value the SATs and extracurriculars quite a lot, so just make sure to have those under control and you should be fine. 

Guest beyondtheimagine

Speaking in a Canadian perspective, it will not affect you as a student if you are planning to study in Canada.

There are many cases in which students had to retake a year of school or retake a course, and they were still accepted into university. 

As long as you meet the requirements, you will be fine :D