Some universities require you to just send them a screenshot of the IB Results. How does that work? Don't people just edit the screenshot ?

Tom Wiesley

For example, say that the university just needs to get a certain grade for chemistry or you just have pass your diploma. Don't people just edit that screenshot and show something totally different to the university and they will just accept you just like that?

There must be a catch.. This method sounds pretty horrible for choosing their students. So many students could get in with fake results. Is there a catch? 

Do you have any opinions about this? :) feel freee to say anything

Screenshot? I've never heard of any university allowing that. All universities that I know of require a transcript of your high school marks from your school.

Allowing screenshots would defeat the purpose of choosing the best students. Like you said, I wouldn't put it past people to edit the screenshot, but it would need some professional work.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kevG said:

I don't know any university which asks for a screenshot of the grades, must be a pretty dubious one if they do

Pretty sure all of them require IB to send them the scores...

Yeah, it's really strange, but these universities set-up an external exam for the students and they have to pass that exam. If they pass that exam, they will only admit the student to the university course if they also passed their IB Diploma.

Eitherway it is pretty interessting to hear this. Thank you for your reply!

12 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Screenshot? I've never heard of any university allowing that. All universities that I know of require a transcript of your high school marks from your school.

Allowing screenshots would defeat the purpose of choosing the best students. Like you said, I wouldn't put it past people to edit the screenshot, but it would need some professional work.

Like I said to "kevG" these universities set-up an external exam for the students and they have to pass that exam. If they pass that exam, they will only admit the student to the university course if they also passed their IB Diploma. I am still not sure if this is right to do.

Anyways thank you for your reply!

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent a screenshot of my IB results and got into uni XD

But that's probably because I study in Denmark and people in Denmark trust everybody so they would never think I could possibly edit the screenshot (not that I edited it lol... I would have never thought about that). :)

Edited by Sceptyczka