Jump to content

How long did you start revising for IB? And how long do you revise daily?

Recommended Posts

How long did you start revising for IB? And how long do you revise daily?  

I started revising for this exam 4 months ago, and I revise around 8 hours each day, (8am - 12pm, 1pm to 6pm, but i take breaks in between) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started really late compared to you. I started about 4 weeks ago to have 1 week for each subject and I study about 8 hours a day as well. But I had revised for the mocks as well which were in February so I remembered most things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thecsstudent said:

I started really late compared to you. I started about 4 weeks ago to have 1 week for each subject and I study about 8 hours a day as well. But I had revised for the mocks as well which were in February so I remembered most things.

That's awesome! I mean i don't revise like all the 4 months but 8 hours each day now with study leave is just enough ヽ(´▽`)/ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, 8 hours daily for 4 months? Around 2 daily for me for around a month or so. Perhaps that explains my grade..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually start revising for IB exams 2 to 3 weeks prior. I find that if I start revising too early, I have to keep on reviewing the concepts over and over again. But for Bio HL, I started about 4 weeks earlier because of the amount of content in the course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow you guys started early. 

I started light studying at the beginning of April then buckled down in the final two weeks. I maybe did 3 hours a day (not sure how you guys can do 8 without burning out). I studied most intensively the night before. I find I forget stuff if I study over a long period

And I'm predicted at a 44 btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2016 at 5:28 PM, Elc said:

Jesus, 8 hours daily for 4 months? Around 2 daily for me for around a month or so. Perhaps that explains my grade..

I was really stressed 4 months ago, so it was very intense. I still have chemistry and math left, and now I start to just revise like 4 hours per day before it starts (4 days left). 

16 minutes ago, VeronicaG said:

Wow you guys started early. 

I started light studying at the beginning of April then buckled down in the final two weeks. I maybe did 3 hours a day (not sure how you guys can do 8 without burning out). I studied most intensively the night before. I find I forget stuff if I study over a long period

And I'm predicted at a 44 btw

8 hours actually is tiring, that I would do mostly in weekends and study break. When I have school, then that would be like 4 hours (2pm - 6pm) then I would go for dinner with my friends. It's true that I will forget stuff in the long period, but when I recall it the night before, everything comes back. 

That's great that you are predicted a 44, congrats <3 

On 5/3/2016 at 1:27 AM, kevG said:

1 hour a day

I don't like to over do it

Dayum, I wish I can do 1 hour a day. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I started revising for physics HL three and a half weeks prior to the exam, I studied it for like 5 or 6 hours a day. IT WAS NOT ENOUGH!!! HAHAH WTF WAS THAT EXAM! XD That was straight up first degree murder. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SNJERIN
6 minutes ago, maturk said:

Lol I started revising for physics HL three and a half weeks prior to the exam, I studied it for like 5 or 6 hours a day. IT WAS NOT ENOUGH!!! HAHAH WTF WAS THAT EXAM! XD That was straight up first degree murder. 

Bro It was the best exam ever!!! LOTS AND LOTS of strange questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Haitham Wahid said:

Bro It was the best exam ever!!! LOTS AND LOTS of strange questions. 

Bro, do you mean it was easy or difficult. Because I though It was the hardest physics exams, because it was completely different from all the past papers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Physics would kill people mentally. 

Guess that's true then :(

I think Chemistry will be hard too! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/4/2016 at 7:37 PM, inriya said:

How long did you start revising for IB? And how long do you revise daily?  

I started revising for this exam 4 months ago, and I revise around 8 hours each day, (8am - 12pm, 1pm to 6pm, but i take breaks in between) 

For a lot of it...the night before the exam!!! So my "May 2016" will be changing to Nov 2016 hehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, you really studied hard

I hope it pays off

I started in March, but was also studying prior to that due to my mocks(which were in December of 2015)

I stopped studying after, because I was too busy trying to finish off IA's I didn't finish, and my extended essay

and then I got back at it in March

For me, it depended on the day. I think the max I did was probably 6 hours. If I don't count in breaks.

I didn't study everyday though

I only started doing that in April I think, or maybe by the end of March. Not sure.

I hope it all pays off though...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest beyondtheimagine
On 4/22/2016 at 5:37 AM, inriya said:

How long did you start revising for IB? And how long do you revise daily?  

I started revising for this exam 4 months ago, and I revise around 8 hours each day, (8am - 12pm, 1pm to 6pm, but i take breaks in between) 

 

Where I live, I have to learn 2 curriculums- IB and Alberta, and because of that my chemistry teacher never taught us the IB topics for Chemistry SL... So I learned Chemistry SL within the month of April (I couldn't work on chemistry every single day because of school work), and I finished learning all the topics on May 7th.

I only revised two days before the exam (right when I got home from school I studied from 3pm-6pm then 7pm-12am), and I learned my option the night before.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heh. 2 weeks before :crying:  Definitely not my best decision, but my university offer was good unless I lost 6 IB points. I ended up going in with minimal studying for English, History and Math since I prioritized Bio and Chem.

I think I still did pretty well, though! Definitely met my PG in English, but Math and History will be close! I think I got better than my PGs in Bio and Chem. 

Studying hard for French this weekend!

Edited by The00333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Yugalarex said:

For a lot of it...the night before the exam!!! So my "May 2016" will be changing to Nov 2016 hehehe

HAHAHHAHAA It won't, give some confidence to yourself :) I am sure you can do it. 

15 hours ago, Nadsxo2 said:

wow, you really studied hard

I hope it pays off

I started in March, but was also studying prior to that due to my mocks(which were in December of 2015)

I stopped studying after, because I was too busy trying to finish off IA's I didn't finish, and my extended essay

and then I got back at it in March

For me, it depended on the day. I think the max I did was probably 6 hours. If I don't count in breaks.

I didn't study everyday though

I only started doing that in April I think, or maybe by the end of March. Not sure.

I hope it all pays off though...

 

My mocks were in February, so it is quite beneficial for me to continue revising until May.  Now that I have finished IB, I think 6 hours each day is enough, I was just panicking a few months ago and started revising (scary) 8 hours a day. It is not as healthy at all. I hope it will pay off for you and everyone here too for their hardwork in IB, no matter what the score is, remember that you tried your best in IB. :D 

3 hours ago, beyondtheimagine said:

Where I live, I have to learn 2 curriculums- IB and Alberta, and because of that my chemistry teacher never taught us the IB topics for Chemistry SL... So I learned Chemistry SL within the month of April (I couldn't work on chemistry every single day because of school work), and I finished learning all the topics on May 7th.

I only revised two days before the exam (right when I got home from school I studied from 3pm-6pm then 7pm-12am), and I learned my option the night before.. 

 

My chemistry teacher is just too BAD, i ran out of words to describe him. So I started chemistry way long time ago than any of my subject. It's true that I have learned my option the night before too so... ( I did biochemistry, since I took Bio, everything was perfect in the exam.) 

2 hours ago, The00333 said:

heh. 2 weeks before :crying:  Definitely not my best decision, but my university offer was good unless I lost 6 IB points. I ended up going in with minimal studying for English, History and Math since I prioritized Bio and Chem.

I think I still did pretty well, though! Definitely met my PG in English, but Math and History will be close! I think I got better than my PGs in Bio and Chem. 

Studying hard for French this weekend!

Not your best decision but you still have an offer in your hand. I do not have a safe offer because I am aiming for UK, so I cannot lose any points than what they require. + Good luck for French <3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, inriya said:

I do not have a safe offer because I am aiming for UK, so I cannot lose any points than what they require.

Hard work always pays off. I'm sure you'll meet your offers! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The00333 said:

Hard work always pays off. I'm sure you'll meet your offers! :)

Thank you so much <3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.