How long did you start revising for IB? And how long do you revise daily?

I started revising for this exam 4 months ago, and I revise around 8 hours each day, (8am - 12pm, 1pm to 6pm, but i take breaks in between) 

I started really late compared to you. I started about 4 weeks ago to have 1 week for each subject and I study about 8 hours a day as well. But I had revised for the mocks as well which were in February so I remembered most things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thecsstudent said:

I started really late compared to you. I started about 4 weeks ago to have 1 week for each subject and I study about 8 hours a day as well. But I had revised for the mocks as well which were in February so I remembered most things.

That's awesome! I mean i don't revise like all the 4 months but 8 hours each day now with study leave is just enough ヽ(´▽`)/ 

• Like 1

Jesus, 8 hours daily for 4 months? Around 2 daily for me for around a month or so. Perhaps that explains my grade..

I usually start revising for IB exams 2 to 3 weeks prior. I find that if I start revising too early, I have to keep on reviewing the concepts over and over again. But for Bio HL, I started about 4 weeks earlier because of the amount of content in the course.

Wow you guys started early. 

I started light studying at the beginning of April then buckled down in the final two weeks. I maybe did 3 hours a day (not sure how you guys can do 8 without burning out). I studied most intensively the night before. I find I forget stuff if I study over a long period

And I'm predicted at a 44 btw

On 5/4/2016 at 5:28 PM, Elc said:

Jesus, 8 hours daily for 4 months? Around 2 daily for me for around a month or so. Perhaps that explains my grade..

I was really stressed 4 months ago, so it was very intense. I still have chemistry and math left, and now I start to just revise like 4 hours per day before it starts (4 days left). 

16 minutes ago, VeronicaG said:

Wow you guys started early. 

I started light studying at the beginning of April then buckled down in the final two weeks. I maybe did 3 hours a day (not sure how you guys can do 8 without burning out). I studied most intensively the night before. I find I forget stuff if I study over a long period

And I'm predicted at a 44 btw

8 hours actually is tiring, that I would do mostly in weekends and study break. When I have school, then that would be like 4 hours (2pm - 6pm) then I would go for dinner with my friends. It's true that I will forget stuff in the long period, but when I recall it the night before, everything comes back. 

That's great that you are predicted a 44, congrats <3 

On 5/3/2016 at 1:27 AM, kevG said:

1 hour a day

I don't like to over do it

Dayum, I wish I can do 1 hour a day. :( 

Lol I started revising for physics HL three and a half weeks prior to the exam, I studied it for like 5 or 6 hours a day. IT WAS NOT ENOUGH!!! HAHAH WTF WAS THAT EXAM! XD That was straight up first degree murder. 

• Like 3

Guest SNJERIN
6 minutes ago, maturk said:

Lol I started revising for physics HL three and a half weeks prior to the exam, I studied it for like 5 or 6 hours a day. IT WAS NOT ENOUGH!!! HAHAH WTF WAS THAT EXAM! XD That was straight up first degree murder. 

Bro It was the best exam ever!!! LOTS AND LOTS of strange questions. 

7 minutes ago, Haitham Wahid said:

Bro It was the best exam ever!!! LOTS AND LOTS of strange questions. 

Bro, do you mean it was easy or difficult. Because I though It was the hardest physics exams, because it was completely different from all the past papers. 

• Like 1

I heard Physics would kill people mentally. 

Guess that's true then :(

I think Chemistry will be hard too! 

• Like 1

On 22/4/2016 at 7:37 PM, inriya said:

I started revising for this exam 4 months ago, and I revise around 8 hours each day, (8am - 12pm, 1pm to 6pm, but i take breaks in between) 

For a lot of it...the night before the exam!!! So my "May 2016" will be changing to Nov 2016 hehehe

wow, you really studied hard

I hope it pays off

I started in March, but was also studying prior to that due to my mocks(which were in December of 2015)

I stopped studying after, because I was too busy trying to finish off IA's I didn't finish, and my extended essay

and then I got back at it in March

For me, it depended on the day. I think the max I did was probably 6 hours. If I don't count in breaks.

I didn't study everyday though

I only started doing that in April I think, or maybe by the end of March. Not sure.

I hope it all pays off though...

Guest beyondtheimagine
On 4/22/2016 at 5:37 AM, inriya said:

Where I live, I have to learn 2 curriculums- IB and Alberta, and because of that my chemistry teacher never taught us the IB topics for Chemistry SL... So I learned Chemistry SL within the month of April (I couldn't work on chemistry every single day because of school work), and I finished learning all the topics on May 7th.

I only revised two days before the exam (right when I got home from school I studied from 3pm-6pm then 7pm-12am), and I learned my option the night before.. 

heh. 2 weeks before :crying:  Definitely not my best decision, but my university offer was good unless I lost 6 IB points. I ended up going in with minimal studying for English, History and Math since I prioritized Bio and Chem.

I think I still did pretty well, though! Definitely met my PG in English, but Math and History will be close! I think I got better than my PGs in Bio and Chem. 

Studying hard for French this weekend!

Edited by The00333

17 hours ago, Yugalarex said:

For a lot of it...the night before the exam!!! So my "May 2016" will be changing to Nov 2016 hehehe

HAHAHHAHAA It won't, give some confidence to yourself :) I am sure you can do it. 

15 hours ago, Nadsxo2 said:

wow, you really studied hard

I hope it pays off

I started in March, but was also studying prior to that due to my mocks(which were in December of 2015)

I stopped studying after, because I was too busy trying to finish off IA's I didn't finish, and my extended essay

and then I got back at it in March

For me, it depended on the day. I think the max I did was probably 6 hours. If I don't count in breaks.

I didn't study everyday though

I only started doing that in April I think, or maybe by the end of March. Not sure.

I hope it all pays off though...

My mocks were in February, so it is quite beneficial for me to continue revising until May.  Now that I have finished IB, I think 6 hours each day is enough, I was just panicking a few months ago and started revising (scary) 8 hours a day. It is not as healthy at all. I hope it will pay off for you and everyone here too for their hardwork in IB, no matter what the score is, remember that you tried your best in IB. :D 

3 hours ago, beyondtheimagine said:

Where I live, I have to learn 2 curriculums- IB and Alberta, and because of that my chemistry teacher never taught us the IB topics for Chemistry SL... So I learned Chemistry SL within the month of April (I couldn't work on chemistry every single day because of school work), and I finished learning all the topics on May 7th.

I only revised two days before the exam (right when I got home from school I studied from 3pm-6pm then 7pm-12am), and I learned my option the night before.. 

My chemistry teacher is just too BAD, i ran out of words to describe him. So I started chemistry way long time ago than any of my subject. It's true that I have learned my option the night before too so... ( I did biochemistry, since I took Bio, everything was perfect in the exam.) 

2 hours ago, The00333 said:

heh. 2 weeks before :crying:  Definitely not my best decision, but my university offer was good unless I lost 6 IB points. I ended up going in with minimal studying for English, History and Math since I prioritized Bio and Chem.

I think I still did pretty well, though! Definitely met my PG in English, but Math and History will be close! I think I got better than my PGs in Bio and Chem. 

Studying hard for French this weekend!

Not your best decision but you still have an offer in your hand. I do not have a safe offer because I am aiming for UK, so I cannot lose any points than what they require. + Good luck for French <3 

2 hours ago, inriya said:

I do not have a safe offer because I am aiming for UK, so I cannot lose any points than what they require.

Hard work always pays off. I'm sure you'll meet your offers! :)

1 hour ago, The00333 said:

Hard work always pays off. I'm sure you'll meet your offers! :)

Thank you so much <3