History EE question advice

Isaac123

Hey there,

I see you've changed your topic a bit around since last time :) Now, as IB_taking_over said, it's probably a bit of a broad one. However, another thing to consider is the fact that this exact question is discussed in your history class (at least if you're doing the Europe and Middle East path), and is also something that you'd have as a question on the exams. For those reasons, it's not the ideal question at all, as you will not be able to demonstrate any kind of originality. Of course, you are not expected to write revolutionary research papers proving something that has never been proved before, but you need in the very least a unique approach to the topic. This question doesn't have that. 

You could use this query to spesialise your research, in order to find a more interesting question. As I have been telling another fellow recently, all good research questions are rooted in research, not vice versa. In other words, in order to find a good research question, you need to do some research first. You have a topic you're interested in, which is good, then do more reading on that topic and find something that is not necessarily discussed that much, or something that is quite controversial or contentious (or, ideally, both!). Read my response in this thread for a general approach to choosing an EE research question. 

If you're set on writing on this particular topic, then I suggest you use this as a preliminary research question, and do more research with this one in mind. From there on out, refine your question, research more, refine your question, research, etc. etc. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1