Extended Essay summary

Isaac123

hey guys, is it just my school or is a 1000 word summary of your EE required? because I have to do it and I'm doing mine on history. I don't really know what is required from the summary and just wanted to know if you guys had to do it and if yes then what am I supposed to write?

thanks

Hey,

Different schools have different requirements on this - it's nothing required by the IB per se, but something schools enforce to ensure that their students are where they should be with their essays. It's not uncommon, but different schools have slightly different requirements, depending on their needs and experiences. 

At my school, we had a lot of different things to hand in at different phases. First, we had to submit the subject in which we'd write our EE in, then our general topic, then a plan for research and research question, then an outline of the essay, before we had to hand in half of the essay (2000 words), and then, of course, the final deadline.