Help. What can you do with Biology and geography HL?

moncaster

Hi.

So I'm finishing 10. grade this spring and it's time to choose my IB subjects. I have decided on SL: Math, Russian and English and HL: Biology and Geography. I was wondering if there were any university courses that revolved around Biology and geography and don't require chemistry. I'm interested in medicine, sports, health and so on. Is Chemistry SL hard?

Medicine, Sport, and Health generally require Chemistry, usually at HL if you want to do Medicine as an undergraduate course. 

I take Chemistry SL, and in all honesty it's my easiest class. As long as you're good with the concepts and read the textbook (if your school doesn't prescribe a textbook, get the Cambridge Course Companion), you'll be perfectly fine for the exams. 

About difficulty: I don't think anyone in my grade is having trouble with Chemistry SL (but Bio and Physics both have quite a few!) It's a lot easier than HL for sure. It will complement Biology well, too, so it's a good choice overall--many health/sport subjects want Chemistry, and Medicine definitely

I think in terms of going into medicine in the future, you should definitely take Chemistry SL and Bio HL, as those are one of the important subjects that require really high marks to get into medical school. That's what I'm doing and Chemistry SL isn't really hard, as long as you organize your notes and do some practice exams to prepare for it.