I Never Feel Prepared For Tests?

DJackson

Or for anything, for that matter. 

I have a test tomorrow and I've gone over the material and everything, I feel like I know it. But I just don't feel like I've done enough. I don't feel like I'm prepared for the test at all, and I always feel like I'm going to fail, no matter what. 

Same thing goes with long term projects. I have one due this week and no matter how many times I go over and make sure everything that was required is included, I never think my work is good enough.

How do I stop feeling like this/ how can I feel more prepared for tests?

• 3 weeks later...

Try making some practice tests for yourself, then go through them without looking at your notes. The most important thing is that you need to start pinpointing where your weaknesses are. Also, keep questioning yourself: Do I know this? Do I really know this? Go deeper and deeper until you truly understand the concept. Simply going through your notes is not good enough; you need to force yourself to understand and recall what you've studied. Hope this help.

For me, I study really hard until the last day of the exam. A day before the exam, until like 9 pm, I do a short recap. Afterwards, I don't even look at the book. I just relax and try to relieve my stress. I think if you worry too much about the exam and just try to work at your best capacity right before the exam, you will get nervous and when that happens, you are more likely to make mistakes. So, try your best until the exam. A day before the exam, instead of pushing yourself to the limit, try to be optimistic. After all, if it's a day before the exam, there is not much that you can do to change your exam results.