BIOLOGY 2016 (NEW Syllabus) EXAM

Christian Grey

To be honest, I think it will be similar to the previous papers. There will be a slight hint on the new materials, but not much, because most of the topics are on the old and original materials.

Biology makes sense no matter there is the new syllabus, but I think Paper 3 will have the most significant changes due to the existence of new core part and one option, so I expect Paper 3 to have the biggest change. 

47 minutes ago, Liv S. Sletten said:

I think that paper 2 has changed quite a lot, taking the specimen papers into consideration. 
WIth NOS and all this, I personally fear all the science examinations 

Biology has changed a lot !!!!! like the nature of science and applications are killing me..

me. 

Edited by Guest

I guess there will be a question in section B about one of the experiments, eg. Harvey and sexual repro in deers or Calvin's lollipop experiment. They could easily fit into other questions such as compare oogenesis and spermatogenesis or explain photosynthesis. ;) We will see in few hours 

22 minutes ago, wojtek said:

I guess there will be a question in section B about one of the experiments, eg. Harvey and sexual repro in deers or Calvin's lollipop experiment. They could easily fit into other questions such as compare oogenesis and spermatogenesis or explain photosynthesis. ;) We will see in few hours 

I just think the mark scheme is really funny. i seriously don't know what they want. I did all the past paper from 2005-2015 and I realize the points that they want can be quite different depending on the year. Like for the function and structure of placenta, they made "diffusion" a key word  for most points (like 4 points require using the word diffusion)whereas in previous years it wasn't. So now it is about luck. I am just gonna write everything I know on the paper, even they might "seem" irrelevant. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Lovelife said:

I just think the mark scheme is really funny. i seriously don't know what they want. I did all the past paper from 2005-2015 and I realize the points that they want can be quite different depending on the year. Like for the function and structure of placenta, they made "diffusion" a key word  for most points (like 4 points require using the word diffusion)whereas in previous years it wasn't. So now it is about luck. I am just gonna write everything I know on the paper, even they might "seem" irrelevant. 

The placenta question is literally killing me :D i even dream about it haha; the worst part is that even with the same questions they have different markschemes so i quite don't get that as well. Anyway I wish you good luck tommorow and hope that the questions will be at least straightforward