History HL and SL difference

Ditteee

Heyo

So I'm taking my exams starting Monday. I talked to a friend today about History, and we were rather confused. I'm a HL student, she's a SL student. However, apart from HL studying more topics and having more lessons and the extra paper 3, we couldn't really find any differences in the levels when it comes to the criteria and grade breakdowns. Is this true? Because to me, it seems a bit odd that there is no difference in the assessment between the levels, as there is in all by other subjects.

Paper 3 is graded more harshly than Paper 2. Not only in terms of knowing more content, but going more in depth with analysis (there's an extra markband on the top if you compare P2 and P3). Otherwise, no, besides the extra topics in Paper 3, there's no difference.

Good luck with the exams!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ellie said:

Paper 3 is graded more harshly than Paper 2. Not only in terms of knowing more content, but going more in depth with analysis (there's an extra markband on the top if you compare P2 and P3). Otherwise, no, besides the extra topics in Paper 3, there's no difference.

Good luck with the exams!!

Okay - it just seemed odd that there was no difference in the breakdowns. Good luck to you too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2016 at 2:02 PM, Alex Smith-napier said:

Paper 3 is marked much more harshly than the Paper 2. Paper 3 expects higher quality examples, and analysis.

In five more minutes per essay :) I'm not bitter at all.

Edited by Guest

Also I just noticed after today's Paper 3 that you have a much better grasp of the questions in Paper 3, so you should know them better (can know them better). The topics are much more focused. How did I not get this before. :D