Sign in to follow this  

Help! Physics without Maths?

Heyy guys, so I've chosen my IB subjects recently and one of them is Maths HL (I have 4 HLs) 

My great passion is physics and that's something I want to pursue later in life BUT recently I've heard how extreemeeeelyy difficult HL Maths is and I wanted to ask if there are any uni courses that have anything to do with physics where they don't require HL Maths? 

Another small question I have, is it more beneficial to have Chem instead of Bio as another HL if I want to study something with physics when it comes to admission? 

Tysm!!!

Currently taking SL Math and that's already a lot to stomach. I'd say Chem HL will be much more beneficial than Math HL as chemistry is the connecting science. Go for math only if you have a genuine passion for math and would be okay studying math everyday.

Hope this helps. X

I do agree that Maths HL is relatively hard but considering that you will be pursuing a degree relating to Physics in the future, taking Maths HL is certainly beneficial as a fundamental building block (if not required for certain courses)! Physics is basically applied Maths imo.