Which Physics topic is easy enough to study in two days?

Hi, 

As you know the Physics paper 3 is due in exactly one week. It may sound totally nuts, but my physics teacher didn't even properly finish half the syllabus (not his fault, our previous coordinator thought 1.5 years of physics was nice and decided to give us a semester of chemistry instead, because it appeared nice to him). 

Anyway, I got to study a lot of maths and finish the syllabus on my own and read a lot of history and read a book for spanish and tonight finish reading Maus. 

Anyway, my point is that I have only two days reasonably available to study a topic for the P3 from beginning to end. I have all the materials from the latest edition of Tsokos, and taking a very superficial look, it looks as though Astrophysics is the easiest. I am good at Maths (I'm taking HL), but I loathe physics with my soul. I despise units. I hate silly calculations that you could just carry out efficiently in the world of Maths in a snap. The only chapter I liked was that of Atomic and nuclear physics. 

I'm also quite efficient remembering stuff. 

Should I go for Astrophysics or try Relativity, or one of the other seemingly more involved two? 

Edited by Andrew123

I'm in a very similar situation. I started Astrophysics a few days ago, and I have entertained a lot, it is the perfect blend of simple exercises (it is a matter of using the equation) and theory (which most often is general knowledge).

Good luck!

Edited by clenizm

Guest iblearner

My school opted for Option B: Engineering Physics, I think it's relatively easier than Astrophysics, but I may be wrong. 

Oh, and since you're good at Math HL, do you mind helping me? I'm in Math HL too but I'm really nervous and I need help. @Andrew123 :mellow:

You can easily learn astrophysics if you put a solid 10 hours into it. It has quite simple math and mostly about concepts on how the universe works; very interesting topic as well!

Definitely doable

I recommend you learn from the Oxford 2014 course book as it describes the tricky parts like the proton-proton chain quite well