Forgot to write name in External

Hi everyone.

This is the second day of my exams. 

I have just realised that I have forgotten to fill in the candidate number and name on each of the 4 page answer booklets attached. 

I have so far completed my English A Lang and Lit Paper 1 and 2 (both missing name and candidate number) and Economics all papers (1 and 2 missing candidate number and name). 

I am deathly worried. 

My coordinator claims that the exams are sealed in the exam room and sent off to Cardiff via Fedex immediately so she cant do anything about it. 

In our school, we do have the cover sheets for our exams, which contains our personal details, name and candidate number, and is connected to my response answer booklets (who do not have name or candidate number on them) via a strap of string. 

I am worried that it will get separated, either during transport or during scanning, and my papers will not be valid anymore. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Guest iblearner

Try speaking to your coordinator again, but I think since your cover sheet is attached with your answer sheet it wouldn't be a big problem. Just make sure you write your details on the answer sheet next time. 

Good luck~ :gluck:

Guest iblearner
On 5/9/2013 at 10:34 PM, n00b said:

The IB has sent out information to ALL DP coordinator yesterday, that the students will be identified using coversheets, and that students don't have to be given a new answer booklet if they mess up the candidate number, so I think you are fine.

Here's something that may clam you down. 

39 minutes ago, iblearner said:

Try speaking to your coordinator again, but I think since your cover sheet is attached with your answer sheet it wouldn't be a big problem. Just make sure you write your details on the answer sheet next time. 

Good luck~ :gluck:

Thank you. My coordinator replied to me in the following way, in case anyone comes across this issue in their externals. 

The good news is the scanning is done by human beings, not robots, so again - they do not just bin pages that come attached. If the unlikely event happens, they would take a scan, send it to me and ask me.

Also - I would encourage you to be a bit skeptical about students who claim to know what happens, on the internet... Unless they work there, it's unlikely.

Cheers
Miss.

It's just I worry that the notice was issued in 2013, and that year apparently has the exams skip the scanning process. 

I hope the above still stands. 

Guest iblearner
8 minutes ago, Equscatech2 said:

Thank you. My coordinator replied to me in the following way, in case anyone comes across this issue in their externals. 

The good news is the scanning is done by human beings, not robots, so again - they do not just bin pages that come attached. If the unlikely event happens, they would take a scan, send it to me and ask me.

Also - I would encourage you to be a bit skeptical about students who claim to know what happens, on the internet... Unless they work there, it's unlikely.

Cheers
Miss.

It's just I worry that the notice was issued in 2013, and that year apparently has the exams skip the scanning process. 

I hope the above still stands. 

Hahaha yeah I'm not sure about what happens either, I just looked it up online to see if I could find anything to make you feel better~ But hey! Now you don't have to worry, things will be just fine :yep:

• 3 years later...