Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

IB english B paper 1

Recommended Posts

Guest

so, 

 

It was a disaster for me.... Lets talk about paper 1.

 

For the synonym for prospect, i wrote potential. Do you think it is right???

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also found this paper relatively hard compared to past papers but it wasn't THAT bad ;) I also thought about potential but eventually i decided that opportunity is better option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i also think it was harder than other past paper, for the synonym of prospect i also wrote opportunity, by the way, what adjective did u use for describing the eyes of the father (i didn't know whether to chose odd or kind)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also thought it was difficult, especially compared with the P1 we had for our mock exams... 

What did you write to describe Hans and how he acted to make the girl feel "less apprehensive"? I wrote gentlemanly but I don't know... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sormaj said:

I also thought it was difficult, especially compared with the P1 we had for our mock exams... 

What did you write to describe Hans and how he acted to make the girl feel "less apprehensive"? I wrote gentlemanly but I don't know... 

 

I think it was uncomfortable because they sat on the cold floor made of tiles. What about his speech though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wojtek said:

I think it was uncomfortable because they sat on the cold floor made of tiles. What about his speech though? 

Oh yeah you are probably right, one point lost at least then... 

Speech? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sormaj said:

Oh yeah you are probably right, one point lost at least then... 

Speech? 

Sorry, I mean voice.. It was like "his voice was...., but Rosa .... effortlessly". I put gentlemanly and love respectively in those gaps.

Edited by wojtek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wojtek said:

Sorry, I mean voice.. It was like "his voice was...., but Rosa .... effortlessly". I put gentlemanly and love respectively in those gaps.

Oh, right, I actually cannot remember what I put for Hans, but I wrote 'irritate' for Rosa as the text mentioned her unique ability to aggravate everyone she met. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, wojtek said:

Sorry, I mean voice.. It was like "his voice was...., but Rosa .... effortlessly". I put gentlemanly and love respectively in those gaps.

i put his voice was soft, and then rose  irritate something. and then rose shows her love through scolding. But I also used gentlemanly, but I am not sure.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lovelife said:

i put his voice was soft, and then rose  scolding something.

Oh yes now that you mentioned it I also said soft, Rosa's voice 'irritate' but her way to show love was through scolding I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sormaj said:

Oh, right, I actually cannot remember what I put for Hans, but I wrote 'irritate' for Rosa as the text mentioned her unique ability to aggravate everyone she met. 

Yeah that makes more sense... I guess I lost those 2 points lol :P anyways i got scolding in the last bracket but I don't really remember what it was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wojtek said:

Yeah that makes more sense... I guess I lost those 2 points lol :P anyways i got scolding in the last bracket but I don't really remember what it was

Okay but as we all got scolding for the last bracket we should at least get one point right haha :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

and by the way, for prospect, is it opportunity or potential??? Cuz in the text it was like growth potential or something, and growth prospect is a thing. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lovelife said:

and I wrote like hans is willing to be gentlemanly ...

Yeah I had a couple of friends who wrote that as well (I did too), yet uncomfortable seems like a better match though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

and for like a question asking the aim of the text -- is it "discuss the future of radio or predict digital something"??

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SNJERIN

Did you guys find the second text, which is about single-sex classes, a bit difficult to understand. Specially the three arguments published to the editor ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lovelife said:

and by the way, for prospect, is it opportunity or potential??? Cuz in the text it was like growth potential or something, and growth prospect is a thing. 

I wrote opportunity... Maybe because in my language (Swedish) prospect & opportunity translates into the same word so that made the most sense to me... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, sormaj said:

Yeah I had a couple of friends who wrote that as well (I did too), yet uncomfortable seems like a better match though... 

i don't think so. Because it was comparing rose and hans, and when rose was being like kinda aggressive, hans was more gentlemanly.   I don't think willing to be uncomfortable is the right one.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...