IB english B paper 1

so, 

It was a disaster for me.... Lets talk about paper 1.

For the synonym for prospect, i wrote potential. Do you think it is right???

I also thought it was difficult, especially compared with the P1 we had for our mock exams... 

What did you write to describe Hans and how he acted to make the girl feel "less apprehensive"? I wrote gentlemanly but I don't know... 

1 hour ago, sormaj said:

I also thought it was difficult, especially compared with the P1 we had for our mock exams... 

What did you write to describe Hans and how he acted to make the girl feel "less apprehensive"? I wrote gentlemanly but I don't know... 

I think it was uncomfortable because they sat on the cold floor made of tiles. What about his speech though? 

16 minutes ago, wojtek said:

I think it was uncomfortable because they sat on the cold floor made of tiles. What about his speech though? 

Oh yeah you are probably right, one point lost at least then... 

Speech? 

14 minutes ago, sormaj said:

Oh yeah you are probably right, one point lost at least then... 

Speech? 

Sorry, I mean voice.. It was like "his voice was...., but Rosa .... effortlessly". I put gentlemanly and love respectively in those gaps.

Edited by wojtek

3 minutes ago, wojtek said:

Sorry, I mean voice.. It was like "his voice was...., but Rosa .... effortlessly". I put gentlemanly and love respectively in those gaps.

Oh, right, I actually cannot remember what I put for Hans, but I wrote 'irritate' for Rosa as the text mentioned her unique ability to aggravate everyone she met. 

5 minutes ago, wojtek said:

i put his voice was soft, and then rose  irritate something. and then rose shows her love through scolding. But I also used gentlemanly, but I am not sure.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Lovelife said:

i put his voice was soft, and then rose  scolding something.

Oh yes now that you mentioned it I also said soft, Rosa's voice 'irritate' but her way to show love was through scolding I think

1 minute ago, sormaj said:

Oh, right, I actually cannot remember what I put for Hans, but I wrote 'irritate' for Rosa as the text mentioned her unique ability to aggravate everyone she met. 

Yeah that makes more sense... I guess I lost those 2 points lol :P anyways i got scolding in the last bracket but I don't really remember what it was

Just now, wojtek said:

Yeah that makes more sense... I guess I lost those 2 points lol :P anyways i got scolding in the last bracket but I don't really remember what it was

Okay but as we all got scolding for the last bracket we should at least get one point right haha :) 

and by the way, for prospect, is it opportunity or potential??? Cuz in the text it was like growth potential or something, and growth prospect is a thing. 

Edited by Guest

and for like a question asking the aim of the text -- is it "discuss the future of radio or predict digital something"??

Edited by Guest

Guest SNJERIN

Did you guys find the second text, which is about single-sex classes, a bit difficult to understand. Specially the three arguments published to the editor ? 

1 minute ago, Lovelife said:

and by the way, for prospect, is it opportunity or potential??? Cuz in the text it was like growth potential or something, and growth prospect is a thing. 

I wrote opportunity... Maybe because in my language (Swedish) prospect & opportunity translates into the same word so that made the most sense to me... 

2 minutes ago, sormaj said:

Yeah I had a couple of friends who wrote that as well (I did too), yet uncomfortable seems like a better match though... 

i don't think so. Because it was comparing rose and hans, and when rose was being like kinda aggressive, hans was more gentlemanly.   I don't think willing to be uncomfortable is the right one.

Edited by Guest