IB english B paper 1

1 minute ago, Haitham Wahid said:

Did you guys find the second text, which is about single-sex classes, a bit difficult to understand. Specially the three arguments published to the editor ? 

I thought the second letter to the editor had the most complicated questions... 

2 minutes ago, Haitham Wahid said:

Did you guys find the second text, which is about single-sex classes, a bit difficult to understand. Specially the three arguments published to the editor ? 

No I think that was kinda the easiest ( I don't mean to make u feel bad) but the first one was hard for me, so it depends...

for the question: he is interested in organic farming because ...... which one did u put??

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Lovelife said:

i don't think so. Because it was comparing rose and hans, and when rose was being like kinda aggressive, hans was more gentlemanly.   I don't think willing to be uncomfortable is the right one.

haha I really hope that you are right so that I don't lose a point there :) let's hope for gentlemanly :) 

1 minute ago, Lovelife said:

No I think that was kinda the easiest ( I don't mean to make u feel bad) but the first one was hard for me, so it depends...

for the question: he is interested in organic farming because ...... which one did u put??

Well there was the first question in which I put: "because he wants to feel like his job has a purpose" or something like that 

And for the other question I wrote "when he was visiting farms to support his online website for organic vegetables" or whatever it was

Guest SNJERIN
2 minutes ago, Lovelife said:

Hahah I see,

I think it was because he used to visit his uncles farm or something along the lines. 

Question: Discuss or predict the future of radio?

Question: for the invisibility, i wrote unnoticeable  and not particularly important or valuable. 

Guest SNJERIN
7 minutes ago, Lovelife said:

same here, but I am not sure though. like the one saying his understanding was fostered by his visits also makes sense.

Yeah, thats what I chose! I cant believe you still remember these choices, I forgot them as soon as I got out of the exam. 

Also, what was the synonym of discovered in text A. I wrote Hit upon. Though most of my classmates claimed that this not a word. What do you think ? 

Edited by Haitham Wahid

Yeah, thats what I chose! I cant believe you still remember these choices, I forgot them as soon as I got out of the exam. 

Also, what was the synonym of discovered in text A. I wrote Hit upon. Though most of my classmates claimed that this not a word. What do you think ? 

I took the same one and most of my friends chose it too so you shouldn't worry ;)

3 minutes ago, Haitham Wahid said:

same here. 

Guest SNJERIN
9 minutes ago, Lovelife said:

Question: Discuss or predict the future of radio?

Question: for the invisibility, i wrote unnoticeable  and not particularly important or valuable. 

For this one I actually chose Discuss because the text does not really predict the future of radio, but rather is discusses how radio stations are attempting to cope with the technology.  

I don't remember the second question. 

Edited by Haitham Wahid

For this one I actually chose Discuss because the text does not really predict the future of radio, but rather is discusses how radio stations are attempting to cope with the technology.  

I don't remember the second question. 

I chose predict because they did not discuss the other ways radio can develop but only one straightforward way that it will become more social via online media. This way they predict the way it develops. See that in the text future simple was used the most as a tense

Guest SNJERIN
1 minute ago, wojtek said:

I chose predict because they did not discuss the other ways radio can develop but only one straightforward way that it will become more social via online media. This way they predict the way it develops. See that in the text future simple was used the most as a tense

I see ! You might be right. Then again I really hate these type of questions where all choices seem to be correct but we have to pick the MOST correct one. 

6 minutes ago, wojtek said:

I chose discuss as well. That i is why I hate english B. for the predict one, it says "digital ratio or something", but the text was about radio in general but mentioned digital in the end. Like it was talking about the traditional radio for most of the parts. (info relevant to local or something) that was bad eng but I don't remember the exact phrasing. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Haitham Wahid said:

I see ! You might be right. Then again I really hate these type of questions where all choices seem to be correct but we have to pick the MOST correct one. 

I know :/ Most of the time you understand the whole gist and what is the text about but the answers are so similar that it is really hard to get the right one

1 minute ago, wojtek said:

I know :/ Most of the time you understand the whole gist and what is the text about but the answers are so similar that it is really hard to get the right one

exactly and that makes a difference between a 6 and a 7.

2 minutes ago, Lovelife said:

I chose discuss as well. That i is why I hate english B. for the predict one, it says "digital ratio or something", but the text was about radio in general but mentioned digital in the end. Like it was talking about the traditional radio for most of the parts. (info relevant to local or something) that was bad eng but I don't remember the exact phrasing. 

haha true then you might be right.. petite details make English B so difficult :P

3 minutes ago, wojtek said:

and there was a question that was crazy confusing, the last one, saying like the author recommend us to ...... make friends or something. 

and then there was another question saying being in a study group helps ...... (making professional contact and stuff) it has been 2 days. Cant remember.

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Haitham Wahid said:

i also wrote hit upon, because in my opinion there wasn't any other words that could fit there. but yeah, technically not a word but more of a phase so thank you for incorrect instructions. the reason why i finally did put down hit upon was because the example for that question was also a phrase :lol:

• Like 1