English Language and Literature Paper 2 HL/SL

Salome Holland

I chose question 2, the one about the writers using atmospheres to some effects. I'm not sure if it was necessarily accompanied with sufficient analysis to warrant good marks, though. Hoping for the best!

Anyone else chose question 2?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZhenXS said:

I chose question 2, the one about the writers using atmospheres to some effects. I'm not sure if it was necessarily accompanied with sufficient analysis to warrant good marks, though. Hoping for the best!

I chose question 2 for Macbeth and A Doll's House

It was so fun when I compared irony atmosphere and foreshadowing in the books! 😁

34 minutes ago, inriya said:

I chose question 2 for Macbeth and A Doll's House

It was so fun when I compared irony atmosphere and foreshadowing in the books! 😁

I did A Doll's House too! What did you talk about?

Question 5. I always go for the general ones to try any narrow it down instead of picking specific one, because sometimes I run out of things to say. I did The Crucible and The White Tiger. 

I think it was alright. 

4 pages total

5 hours ago, ZhenXS said:

I did A Doll's House too! What did you talk about?

For the Doll's House, I actually raised the example of Nora looking fixedly at Helmer when he threw his massive tantrum. Ibsen carefully depicted his attitude change after he received the second letter from Krogstad, he was overjoyed so he returned back to his patriarch (disgusting, personally) language. It created a dramatic irony, etc.  Another point that I created was about foreshadowing of Christmas, it showed the peaceful family that Nora and Helmer used to have (which is a contrast to the end of the book when Nora left the house). 

On 4.5.2016 at 5:45 PM, ZhenXS said:

Yeah, I also chose question 2. What books did you write about? What books did you study?

I thought the questions were harder than ever and a lot of them didn't even pertain to my books. I chose 5 because it was literally the only one I could justify with my texts.

On 04/05/2016 at 5:11 PM, #teamnosleep said:

Is question 5 about the author trying to get the reader to relate to the character and ideas on both texts?

Thats what I made it about. And then I also linked situations and the relationships between the characters.