IB English Literature HL Paper 2

Hisham

Since it has been 24 hours, how did you HL Lit students do?? I chose question 8 (i think) under the prose fiction section that talked about how characters often are trying to escape something or someone. I personally thought it was pretty easy, I easily wrote 5 and half pages. How did everyone else do?

19 hours ago, noor98 said:

I chose question 1 (drama), but I also found that everyone had different interpretations as well. I don't think I did well at all since the question was worded really weirdly. 

I am really worried about that. I wrote about contrasts between two characters but talking with my classmates I think I might have misinterpreted the questions and I am really worried about losing all the points

1 hour ago, ibstudent081099 said:

I am really worried about that. I wrote about contrasts between two characters but talking with my classmates I think I might have misinterpreted the questions and I am really worried about losing all the points

I did the same. I spoke about the effect of the words and deeds of one character on the words and deeds of another. I'm not sure, whether that was the correct interpretation either! 

14 minutes ago, Ishika said:

I did the same. I spoke about the effect of the words and deeds of one character on the words and deeds of another. I'm not sure, whether that was the correct interpretation either! 

In my class 4 out of 9 who chose the questions did like me. I just hope this is the worldwide trend so maybe examiners will accept it as a right interpretation

On May 5, 2016 at 3:36 PM, bwf8398 said:

I picked question 8, thought it was perfect for the novels I had studied.

Same here! Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison fit perfectly! I also wrote about The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. What books did you choose?

I did question 8 and I had about 7 pages. It was the question about characters escaping, and I compared The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and "Eveline" by James Joyce. I basically talked about the use of flashbacks which diverges from the conventional, linear storyline, the use of windows as boundaries and briefly first person narration in The Handmaid's Tale and third person narration in "Eveline" and the effects they achieve in terms of the idea of escape. 

The exam was nicer than I thought it would be :P 

2 hours ago, ibtired said:

Same here! Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison fit perfectly! I also wrote about The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. What books did you choose?

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain and Native Son by Richard Wright