How does IB mark my answers?

Steven Nanda

Hi, so I just finished all my biology papers. I do have a question, how do they mark my answers? If I was asked to list one answer, yet I mentioned two, and one of them is correct, do I get the point? Also, one of the question was to suggest two reasons, and I probably mentioned 3-4 just in case. Will they still accept my answer? Thanks.

32 minutes ago, theredviper said:

For physics, they would only read the first one and decide the mark on that. So if the first is right then you get the mark but if the first is wrong then you don't. I think this would be the same for biology.

What if it's an open ended question, like suggesting reasons, explaining how, etc? As far as I know, these examiners are only looking for the answers and ignoring everything else, isn't it? Oh my I'm so worried; I wasn't sure for many questions, so I just wrote all that I knew -_-

17 hours ago, #teamnosleep said:

Do examiners strictly follow the mark scheme or in any cases where the answer is also another possible viable answer to the question would that be acceptable as well? Or does it depends on the examiner?

It depends on the markscheme, I guess. Usually it is clearly stated "accept other similar answers"  or something like that.