Biology SL papers 1 & 2, 2016

livethemoment

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:29 AM, Seung Hun Han said:

For paper 2 section B #5 (b) i used ABO blood group as an example to illustrate how characteristics that are not shown in parents can appear in the offsprings. I don't remember the exact wording of the question, but would that be accepted as a suitable example?

If you showed and explained that the O group is the recessive blood group and that the parents could be carriers I think the example would be fine. I personally did my own example using "D" and "d." Making D= healthy and d= disease. I think that the most important is not the example but how you answer the question and if it makes sense or not.  

1 hour ago, juliawd said:

And does anyone remember the question about starch in Paper 1? with answers including amylase doing something, etc.

What answer did you guys choose? 

I chose the amylase one but idk if that s right... The other options didnt seem to make sense

Paper 1 was easy, but disappointed since I covered gas exchange chapter and didn't find ANY of those chapter. 

Paper 2 was killing me inside with reading graph and stuff like that.. Section B though, I think I did fine with question 5 being the easiest.

PS: Don't even get me started on Paper 3... That goddamn cyclins and osmolarity.

Edited by jivrymuh1

Can anyone help me out? 

My Biology teacher is planning on using the Timezone 1 2016 papers for a mock test this year.. If anyone could go into detail about what questions were on Paper 1 and 2 that would be awesome!! 

Thanks 

Edited by Matt Jones

6 hours ago, Matt Jones said:

Can anyone help me out? 

My Biology teacher is planning on using the Timezone 1 2016 papers for a mock test this year.. If anyone could go into detail about what questions were on Paper 1 and 2 that would be awesome!! 

Thanks 

Well that would be cheating. That being said, I can't really remember what the exams were about 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2016 at 9:40 AM, Seung Hun Han said:

What did you guys pick for the ecology question where it asked to distinguish trophic level and site of digestion for a producer/consumer/saprotrophs/detritivores?

I chose Consumer, Heterotrophic, Site of digestion: Internal.

Basically, after excluding two choices that said saprotrophs/internal digestion and detritivores/external digestion, I was left with two other choices. It is especially odd because I couldn't find any information that tells me site of digestion of consumers...

I think the answer was the plants one since saprotrophs can be considered consumers and have external digestion.

On 5/18/2016 at 2:37 AM, Annna said:

I think the answer was the plants one since saprotrophs can be considered consumers and have external digestion.

I am not sure about the answer to this question, but I can tell you for sure that saprotrophs are considered as "heterotrophs" not "consumers". "Distinguish between consumers, detritivores and saprotrophs." Quoted IB syllabus