So, I really want to go to Yale. It's been my dream for a long time. I'm also applying for Harvard and Princeton, because those are the only Ivy Leagues that offer good financial aid to international students (I'm from Canada). If I get in, I plan on majoring in history or political science. The thing is, I'm in Math Studies SL. I don't plan on doing sciences or math or anything like that, I only want to do humanities.

Do I have a good shot at getting into Yale, Princeton, or Harvard's history or political science programs with a 7 in Math Studies, given that my other grades, extra curriculars, and standardized test scores are perfect? Is it required of me to take Math SL to get into a humanities program?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, rynmar said:

So, I really want to go to Yale. It's been my dream for a long time. I'm also applying for Harvard and Princeton, because those are the only Ivy Leagues that offer good financial aid to international students (I'm from Canada). If I get in, I plan on majoring in history or political science. The thing is, I'm in Math Studies SL. I don't plan on doing sciences or math or anything like that, I only want to do humanities.

Do I have a good shot at getting into Yale, Princeton, or Harvard's history or political science programs with a 7 in Math Studies, given that my other grades, extra curriculars, and standardized test scores are perfect? Is it required of me to take Math SL to get into a humanities program?

Thanks!

Yes. They do recognize Math Studies.

You need to check for the university requirement before applying to subjects though. My friend got into Cornell with Math Studies for something like linguistic related subjects (I forgot what is the specific subject), but she got in. It shows that Ivy League do recognize Math Studies as long you score well in ACT / SAT (there is math calculations). 

Good luck in your Ivy League dream <3 

Edited by inriya
  • Like 1

Hi,

You can get into all three. Math Studies shouldn't be a problem. Until this year, they didn't require math unless you're doing something in math or science, so you should be fine. Still, check their requirements page just to be 100% sure. Your admission depends on your other subjects though. And even your extracurriculars. Make sure you have a good standing in both and you'll get in.

Good luck ^_^