Possible Topics for Nov 2008 Paper 1?

mj9191

To be honest it seems that you have slept over a lot more than only Russian Revolution if you think Stalin's foreign policy has anything to do with it (well, it does, but in a very indirect way). Anyway, as you should know, at least one of the topics in paper 1 has something to do with Stalin.

Foreign Policy, well might be, but if I remember correctly it has never before been there. I don't really think they would do that. It's a lot easier and more convienent to do it on something internal with Stalin, since it allows for different kinds of sources. With foreign policy the sources, imo, would either be too simplistic for IB or too complicated.

[quote name='Scade' post='26771' date='Oct 14 2008, 08:52 PM']To be honest it seems that you have slept over a lot more than only Russian Revolution if you think Stalin's foreign policy has anything to do with it (well, it does, but in a very indirect way). Anyway, as you should know, at least one of the topics in paper 1 has something to do with Stalin.

Foreign Policy, well might be, but if I remember correctly it has never before been there. I don't really think they would do that. It's a lot easier and more convienent to do it on something internal with Stalin, since it allows for different kinds of sources. With foreign policy the sources, imo, would either be too simplistic for IB or too complicated.[/quote]

Sorry to let you down, but Stalin's foreign policy HAS been on paper 1 already, there was one specifically about the relationship with Germany (which is where I'm guessing the creator of this topic got the idea from - which I absolutly agree it is a possibility). The sources for that paper were the Nazi-Soviet pact, a speech by stalin, and then some historians, and also an image which took me the longest time ever to analyze.

Anyway, I was really glad to read this topic. I had thought about this before and had come to EXACTLY the same possibility. The fact that it is one of the few topics that have only been in IB once is, for me, a great indication that it might appear again - I was glad to see that I wasn't the only one getting to this conclusion!

^^