I may get a 1 in one of my subjects...?

John1212121

So I've been predicted a fairly good mark but there is one subject I could potentially get a 1 in. It's a language subject and I'm just worried how to go about it if I do fail the language. Can I resit that particular exam and if I do well get my diploma? Do you think the university would stil let me in if I fail a subject that has no relevance whatsoever to the degree I want to take?

I've been given a 6 for my IA for that subject and predicted a low 4 for my oral. Is there still any chance of me failing even if I do terrible in the exam? I've been predicted a 3 overall for my subject and I'm still nervous I might not even get that. 

Like I said aside from that I've been predicted quite a reasonable mark for the IB itself but that doesn't matter if I get a 1 in one subject. Thanks in advance 😊

Edited by John1212121

If you get a 1, you'll fail your diploma, I believe. If your university offer doesn't require you to have a diploma (unlikely) then they might let you in. If it requires you to get a diploma, then they won't let you in. You gave us no context as to where the universities are located and what universities they are, so we can help very little. 

You can always retake an exam. It doesn't matter which group it is. 

Good luck with your exam anyway. If you haven't yet written it, please don't go in with the assumption that you will fail.