Is it as easy as it sounds to get 25 marks in History P2?

Andrew

I hope this doesn't account for a violation of the 24 hr rule. I'm not even referring to this examination in particular. 
I just mean P2 in general. Is it hard to attain 25 marks? Would two slightly below average tests score enough? Like, without contrasting lots of view, using just about enough examples, and being a little vague and disorganized here and there? 

Edited by Andrew

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I hope this doesn't account for a violation of the 24 hr rule. I'm not even referring to this examination in particular. 
I just mean P2 in general. Is it hard to attain 25 marks? Would two slightly below average tests score enough? Like, without contrasting lots of view, using just about enough examples, and being a little vague and disorganized here and there? 

As long as you're not discussing the content of the exam and not posting exam discussion stuff before 24 hour rule, then it should be ok.. because you're just talking about the paper in general..

I'm not so sure about paper 2 itself but it is tough to get a 7.. for a 25 you need at least a low 7 on one essay and like a really high 6 on your other essay :P What's good is that they do take time into consideration so you wouldn't get docked too harshly if it was only a little disorganized and it takes a lot to fail this thing. Sadly, you do need contrasting views to at least get a 6 :P Just see what happens though :P 

Like if the question says discuss the efects of such thing on such 1 and such 2, does it make for a good essay to have an introduction, where you for example, make a statement about the present, and then expose different instances in reverse chronological time, and comment the indovidual instances signifiancw and then you wrap it all up with a general statement that says something like, therefore because of these reasons, we understand the presnt as the efect of all those suches. 

The other question type that gets me anxious is the "to what extent" type. Like, for this I wrote only like very subversive stuff, kind of stream of consciousness because I had 20 minutes left, and so I only very straightforward said yes, yes, yes in different ways and there it was. No no's. 

Does this combination a count for something reasonably good, or should I start lowering my expectations? 

• Like 1

I think a general set of essays can easily give a 5, if you answer to the question. 6 might require theories, like orthodox, revisionist and post-revisionist views on the origins of the Cold War, as an example. Donno about a 7... Sounds impossibru for me.

• kw0573 locked this topic