Business and Management Paper 1

Guest iblearner

Guest SNJERIN

I have, first of all, read through the case study a few times and have identified all the key terms and the issues presented, such as the lack of empowerment and low motivation of employees at TM hypermarket. I have also done a SWOT analysis to identify the internal and external factors affecting TM's market position. 

Further more, I did try to formulate some questions that involve analysing the case study in some detail, and most importantly, I have revised extensively for the motivational theories such as Pinks theory, Maslow, Herzberg, Adam etc.  I think main focus of the case study is TM's strategies to managing its HR function. Therefore, I suggest that you should start by reading through some topic 2 concepts and theories. 

Edited by Haitham Wahid

Guest iblearner
20 minutes ago, Haitham Wahid said:

I have, first of all, read through the case study a few times and have identified all the key terms and the issues presented, such as the lack of empowerment and low motivation of employees at TM hypermarket. I have also done a SWOT analysis to identify the internal and external factors affecting TM's market position. 

Further more, I did try to formulate some questions that involve analysing the case study in some detail, and most importantly, I have revised extensively for the motivational theories such as Pinks theory, Maslow, Herzberg, Adam etc.  I think main focus of the case study is TM's strategies to managing its HR function. Therefore, I suggest that you should start by reading through some topic 2 concepts and theories. 

That's great! My teacher gave us a booklet of possible questions that could be framed from the case study. I also did a SWOT analysis, and I'm going to revise all the motivational theories. Thanks! Good luck~! :D

Guest SNJERIN
Just now, iblearner said:

That's great! My teacher gave us a booklet of possible questions that could be framed from the case study. I also did a SWOT analysis, and I'm going to revise all the motivational theories. Thanks! Good luck~! :D

Same to you! I think I will start with the revision just after I am done with my chemistry exam, which I have tomorrow and on Friday. But I think that paper 1 could be very easy if we have prepared well for it.   

Guest iblearner
1 hour ago, Haitham Wahid said:

Same to you! I think I will start with the revision just after I am done with my chemistry exam, which I have tomorrow and on Friday. But I think that paper 1 could be very easy if we have prepared well for it.   

Yeah, good luck for Chemistry! 

Guest iblearner
On 5/11/2016 at 11:22 PM, celina said:

Does anyone know where to find pre-formulated possible questions on the TM case study? Thanks in advance.

The questions I have were given to my by my teacher, but there are many notes and possibly questions for the case study online. They're very useful :)