IB Math SL Paper 1

UmanngBharali

30 minutes ago, Lynxarin said:

Not very happy with my paper 1, questions 9 and 10 were unlike anything I had revised..

20 minutes ago, UmanngBharali said:

I think I agree with you on this. Even i struggled in those questions in particular. However, the rest of the paper went fairly well. 

6 minutes ago, simon9867 said:

really bad, nothing compared with past paper. I completely screwed it :( 

Which timezone are you guys in?

I personally struggled with the last question on paper 1 and the vectors, but that is what I expected, since integration and vectors were my weak points... Otherwise, I might lose a few points here and there because I spent about 20 minutes trying to solve the last one and didn't check other answers... Personally, I think it was a bit harder than I hoped for, but I wouldn't say that it was much harder from the two previous years. What do you think was harder?  

3 minutes ago, AnjaDe said:

I personally struggled with the last question on paper 1 and the vectors, but that is what I expected, since integration and vectors were my weak points... Otherwise, I might lose a few points here and there because I spent about 20 minutes trying to solve the last one and didn't check other answers... Personally, I think it was a bit harder than I hoped for, but I wouldn't say that it was much harder from the two previous years. What do you think was harder?  

Which TZ are you in? I am pretty weak at vectors but I was able to do the one which I got in my paper. I didnt enjoy the last 2 questions in particular, it was a bit of a pickle for me and I think I may have invested a large amount of time in  either one of them. 

9 minutes ago, UmanngBharali said:

I dont remember mine but I have an inkling it was TZ2. I remember that the first question of section B was the one with the tree diagram? Was that TZ2?

Yeah and there was a venn diagram on that question as well.

5 minutes ago, UmanngBharali said:

Which TZ are you in? I am pretty weak at vectors but I was able to do the one which I got in my paper. I didnt enjoy the last 2 questions in particular, it was a bit of a pickle for me and I think I may have invested a large amount of time in  either one of them. 

TZ2, the vectors task was easy, I just forgot what a "unit vector" meant, so I couldn't solve it... What was the second question in section B?

6 minutes ago, Apple said:

Yeah and there was a venn diagram on that question as well.

Nope, I'm TZ0 and I had that. It was very similar to the specimen paper, with some question like the last of Section A that went pretty bad, but I found it ok even if Math's not my strong spot

3 minutes ago, AnjaDe said:

TZ2, the vectors task was easy, I just forgot what a "unit vector" meant, so I couldn't solve it... What was the second question in section B?

Sorry, but I dont seem to recollect what it was. I have this bad habit of forgetting the questions unless someone reminds me..I just remember having a hard time in that question, the last 3 sub parts I think. I may have made some error.

It was an absolute disaster, from the first question on it went downhill from there. the questions were just so different from what i learned in past paper questions especially the one with the cuboid. 

Edited by elle98

3 minutes ago, elle98 said:

It was an absolute disaster, from the first question on it went downhill from there. the questions were just so different from what i learned in past paper questions especially the one with the cuboid. 

Do you remember what were the tasks in the cuboid question? Except, the area formula and finding the costs of painting?

1 minute ago, AnjaDe said:

Do you remember what were the tasks in the cuboid question? Except, the area formula and finding the costs of painting?

It asked for the minimum and i think it asked you to differentiate the surface area equation A(x) but I might be mixing things up.  

5 minutes ago, AnjaDe said:

It was to find the minimum height and cost of paining the cuboid

The minimum height was 3 and the total cost was $120