Visual Arts (artist statement)

Vikkities

• 1 month later...

hi
i just looked at this one site, might be a little helpful
[url="http://www.artistsfoundation.org/art_pages/resources/resources_arts_statement.htm"]http://www.artistsfoundation.org/art_pages...s_statement.htm[/url]

but i also know that you're supposed to talk about your progress throughout your two years in art (are you in art hl?)
and how your themes have changed, what materials you've experimented with, what were some struggles, how were you able to overcome problems?
you're supposed to show how much you've grown in the ib art program and show how your art has changed and grown along with you.
hopefully that sort of helped~

[quote name='IBStuck' post='28966' date='Nov 25 2008, 04:02 AM']let me look at mine. i only have the rough draft but i can postit here for you. thepne that i am going to post is too long but i think it will help give tyou the general idea of what you are supposed to do.[/quote]

i cant download that coz i dont have VIP status...do you think u could pm me and then ill give u my email addy. coz im really stuck...still!

thnx so much for ur help tho!

• 2 weeks later...

I despise having to do this part of the Visual Art course. While I know it's standard for real artists to have to do such things, I have no intention of becoming a real artist. I simply wanted to make art, and thanks to the wonderful IB, my taking IB art has resulted in filling countless pages of a book with research on artists and hopeless attempts to document progression in my work (more like regression).

But nevertheless, I've been working on coming up with one of these for my CRB (gah). From what I've been told, the most important things to include are the theme that you're trying to work with and, like everything else in Visual Art, progression, progression, development, progression! T.T