Math Studies Paper 2

AnastasiaVr

3 hours ago, JamVaun said:

Hmmm, i might've out 21 tbh, cant remember that well. The Venn diagram question I found very weird though, I kept adding things up and I wouldnt be getting 180...Which particular part do you mean though, there were quite a few Venn digaram parts?

like the number of people who took airplanes? and the ones who who didn't take any of the three transportation? I know there is also a huge section on the probability but I think I screwed it up?

2 hours ago, Lara said:

I don't exactly remember what their answer was but it was within 100, it was definitely not 1200. Let's hope 1200 is the correct answer.

Yeah, totally crossing my fingers on that one. I find it really strange that all your classmates' answers were within 100 (I was expecting a value above 1,200) because I don't think its possible considering the values given. 

10 minutes ago, #teamnosleep said:

like the number of people who took airplanes? and the ones who who didn't take any of the three transportation? I know there is also a huge section on the probability but I think I screwed it up?

Same, I ended up having educated guesses at them...The probability i found really hard tbh

13 minutes ago, #teamnosleep said:

Yeah, totally crossing my fingers on that one. I find it really strange that all your classmates' answers were within 100 (I was expecting a value above 1,200) because I don't think its possible considering the values given. 

I doubt that it was within 100. The value of the taxes collected was $14800 and the fine was $65. Assuming each car only paid one fine (I doubt cars pay more than one fine for speeding on the same road) then the minimum amount of cars that there was is 277. There would've been a lot more cars that haven't paid the fines. I cant remember the exact values for the normal distribution and mean etc but I am sure that there was more than 100 cars. I seem to remember that I got around 1200ish as well

5 hours ago, DNA222 said:

I don't know which time zone I'm in, but I didn't have orange juice or cars on mine.  I thought Paper 1 was a lot easier, but I didn't think Paper 2 was hard either.  I just got tripped on stupid little things.  I think I did alright though.  Totally screwed up the Venn diagram though :(

Sounds like you were in TZ1, especially since you're in the U.S.