How hard are my subject selections?

Richy

Hi. I'm undertaking the IB in Nov 2018 but I need to start selecting my subjects soon.

I am a reasonably good student and have always got As in my report with a couple Bs scattered here an their.

I'm thinking of doing the following subjects and I wanted to get your thoughts on it.

1. English Literature SL

2. Chinese Ab Initio

3. Economics HL

4. Chemistry HL

5. Mathematics SL

6. Geography HL

I am all-rounded and reasonably good at all the subjects. I was just wondering what courses were harder/easier and if this combination would get me a good chance of getting a 45.

As for my future, I am not sure yet what I will do at university as I have thought about a variety of possible courses from medicine to commerce or law.

It looks like a fine combination. For medicine in some countries you might need Biology HL, though. 

Getting a 45 is extremely difficult and very unlikely (only a handful of people around the world get it every year, I believe under a 100). Therefore, no combination will ever give you a good chance of getting a 45. Your time will be better spent if you focus on getting good enough  grades to get into your chosen university and deciding what you actually want to study, because you seem quite a bit confused right now. 

Law and Medicine are two contrasting majors.

If you want to do Law try and do HL English and HL History (if ur school has history if not its fine)

If you want to do medicine, I looked at some uni's, the good ones require Chemistry HL, Biology HL, and Maths SL.

It all really depends on what you want to do in university when it comes to picking out your subjects, so do your research during the summer and your school should allow you to change your subjects at the beginning of the year for IB if you haven't really decided.