Anyone planning to go to universities in Hong Kong?

Seung Hun Han

I applied for the early entry for HKU, HKUST and CHKU last year. I've recieved condition offers from all those three universities. 

For HKU, my condition was 38 with equal or higher than 5 in Math HL and Lang B HL. For HKUST, 37 and equal or more than 4 in every subject. For CHKU, 35 and equal or more than 4 in every subject. I think condition for HKU was a bit higher than expected because I've applied for business school which is the most competitive major in HKU and they'd only expect students who do well in the final exam.

So, here's my question. What was your conditional offer if you were accepted under conditional offer. Second question, which uni are you planning to enrol to if you have gotten offers from both HKU and HKUST. If I meet the condition, I'll be enrolling to the university in september, but I have made a decision yet. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2016. 7. 10. at 0:39 AM, Animate said:

Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
http://www.topuniversities.com/universities/hong-kong-university-science-technology

My Engineering Conditional Offer: IB 34 with Math HL 5+ and Physics HL/SL or Chemistry HL/SL 5+.

Predicted 43. Got 42. ^_^

Omg... Did you take any extra exams for the HKUST? For example SAT, SAT subject tests, AP and etc..?

Or did you only apply with IB predicted score in the beginning.

I got three offers from HongKong - 2 from HKU and 1 from PolyU :P They are all conditional offers 

For HKU - My Arts offer was IB 33 points and for Social Sciences my offer was 36 points

For PolyU - My Business Management offer was IB 36 with 2 level 5s in my HL and scholarship of HKD 60,000

I'm going to University of Amsterdam tho (odd I know haha), but I think HKU is the better choice in your case :) simply not only about the school but also about life and uni experience after all <3 

Best of luck with your decisions :D 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Harry Yoon said:

Omg... Did you take any extra exams for the HKUST? For example SAT, SAT subject tests, AP and etc..?

IB scores are sufficient though you can also apply with SAT scores (mid-range for HKUST is 2050-2220).

16 hours ago, Lucy Lin said:

I got three offers from HongKong - 2 from HKU and 1 from PolyU :P They are all conditional offers 

For HKU - My Arts offer was IB 33 points and for Social Sciences my offer was 36 points

For PolyU - My Business Management offer was IB 36 with 2 level 5s in my HL and scholarship of HKD 60,000

I'm going to University of Amsterdam tho (odd I know haha), but I think HKU is the better choice in your case :) simply not only about the school but also about life and uni experience after all <3 

Best of luck with your decisions :D 

HKUST Business > HKU Business. :P

• 1 year later...
On 2016/5/15 at 1:12 AM, Seung Hun Han said:

I applied for the early entry for HKU, HKUST and CHKU last year. I've recieved condition offers from all those three universities. 

For HKU, my condition was 38 with equal or higher than 5 in Math HL and Lang B HL. For HKUST, 37 and equal or more than 4 in every subject. For CHKU, 35 and equal or more than 4 in every subject. I think condition for HKU was a bit higher than expected because I've applied for business school which is the most competitive major in HKU and they'd only expect students who do well in the final exam.

So, here's my question. What was your conditional offer if you were accepted under conditional offer. Second question, which uni are you planning to enrol to if you have gotten offers from both HKU and HKUST. If I meet the condition, I'll be enrolling to the university in september, but I have made a decision yet. 

can I apply economic in HKU without math HL but 7 in math SL + 7 in eco HL?

17 hours ago, Eleanorchen said:

can I apply economic in HKU without math HL but 7 in math SL + 7 in eco HL?

Yes! It is possible, but if you are applying to something related to Accounting (?), you may need HL. Please refer to the website from HKU with details.

For any questions about universities in HK, you all can message me if you have any inquiries. I have offers from the 5 universities (CUHK, HKU, HKUST, Poly U, City U) surprisingly. 

I will be solving most of your questions down below if I am able to answer it. 

On 5/14/2016 at 9:12 PM, Seung Hun Han said:

My offers were pretty low due to my good interview performance I guess.... 
My HKU offers were pretty low, I have received in total 2 offers from HKU, which are 32 and 35. CUHK offered me an interview, I went and got an offer which only needed me to get 35. HKUST did a visual interview from the faculty of Business and Economics, they gave me an offer of 35 too. I have applied most of the applications to business school. If I have received two offers from HKU and HKUST, I will recommend HKUST more than HKU; however, I have never taken any classes related to business. A lot of my friends have mentioned that HKUST Business > HKU Business, which I believe that it is true due to HKUST's advance in ranking in Business, while HKU had been dropping recently in QS ranking. 

On 7/18/2016 at 4:46 PM, Harry Yoon said:

Not for me, I did not submit my ACT scores and SAT subject tests score. 

Edited by inriya

5 hours ago, inriya said:

Yes! It is possible, but if you are applying to something related to Accounting (?), you may need HL. Please refer to the website from HKU with details.

For any questions about universities in HK, you all can message me if you have any inquiries. I have offers from the 5 universities (CUHK, HKU, HKUST, Poly U, City U) surprisingly. 

I will be solving most of your questions down below if I am able to answer it. 

My offers were pretty low due to my good interview performance I guess.... 
My HKU offers were pretty low, I have received in total 2 offers from HKU, which are 32 and 35. CUHK offered me an interview, I went and got an offer which only needed me to get 35. HKUST did a visual interview from the faculty of Business and Economics, they gave me an offer of 35 too. I have applied most of the applications to business school. If I have received two offers from HKU and HKUST, I will recommend HKUST more than HKU; however, I have never taken any classes related to business. A lot of my friends have mentioned that HKUST Business > HKU Business, which I believe that it is true due to HKUST's advance in ranking in Business, while HKU had been dropping recently in QS ranking. 

Not for me, I did not submit my ACT scores and SAT subject tests score. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH:lol:  that's really helpful!

I heard that HKU needs 42+ to entry from somewhere, so I dropped math HL to SL considering my grades in final IB exam.